PDA

View Full Version : Blueberry Scones/Carbquik

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CheriYM
Sat, Jan-15-05, 16:07
Blueberry Scones

1 cup carbquik
1 teaspoon baking powder
4 packets splenda (or more if you like them sweeter)
2 tablespoons cold butter cut up into small chunks
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest/peel
1/2 cup dried blueberries
1 large egg, beaten

Preaheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine carbquik, baking powder and splenda. Cut in butter until is crumbly. Add lemon zest and blueberries and mix together. Add egg and stir lightly with a fork just until all is combined. If mixture is too dry, add a tablespoon or so of cream or water. Drop into 4 equal portions onto baking pan. Do not flatten. Sprinkle with a little more splenda if you want and bake for 20 minutes. Check halfway through and lower heat if they are browning too quickly.

Makes 4 servings, recipe doubles easily
Per serving:
155 calories/ 12g fat/ 13g fiber/ 4 net carbs (17)

maryc
Wed, Jan-19-05, 06:50
Hi!! THis looks really good!!

I grow my own blueberries do you think I would have to dry them first before I use them in this recipe?
I planted the bushes as a hedge along my house. I thought they would look good and provide nice fruit too! :)

CheriYM
Wed, Jan-19-05, 09:40
Oooops!!! I was altering my original recipe that used dried cranberries and neglected to omit the word "dried."

No - fresh or frozen should be fine. :wave: