PDA

View Full Version : Starting Yet Again!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lumby
Fri, Jan-14-05, 20:42
Hello everyone. I am going to try this again....no, I am going to DO this again. Only this time I know what happens when you have success and get over-confident and go back to your old ways.
Here is my low-carbing history:
I started doing Atkins in May 2003. In only 6 months, I had lost 37 pounds. My goal though was still 24 pounds away...but I started to become ok with what I had lost and didn't feel too motivated to keep going. I thought that I could just 'maintain' for a while and then push forward later on...
Big mistake!!! Now, over the past year, I have creeped back up and put 23 of those pounds back on. Still not where I started, but definitely not where I want to be and moving in the WRONG direction!
It all seems so silly because I know how to do this diet like the back of my hand. I help others doing it, I convince 'non-believers', I help others figure out what they might be doing wrong, but for some reason, I can't seem to make myself DO it!
I went from a size 18 down to a 14 and finally trusted it enough to buy some new 'smaller' clothes. I have now actually had to go back out and buy bigger clothes...not too many, but definitely needed new jeans.
I have a really stressful job with a really messed up company which always seems to be my excuse. I am constantly saying that I need and deserve 'comfort food'. Don't have to look too closely to figure out that I am an emotional, 'stress eater'. Doesn't seem to matter at the time even though I know why I am doing it. I still do it. Especially when the small cafeteria located only about 50 ft away from my office has the BEST biscuits and gravy at breakfast...it makes it very hard because I LOVE those! But, they also serve eggs cooked any way you want, bacon, sausage (both links and patties!) and they will even make omelettes any way you want.
I started again Jan. 3 2005, lost 7 pounds the first week and then POOF! blew it again for an entire weekend. Started over a week later, this past Monday and am down only 2 lbs. Here has been my weight rollercoaster:
May 2003 = 221
Nov 2003 = 186
Dec 2004 = 207
1/3/05 = 210
1/7/05 = 203
1/10/05 = 209
1/14/05 = 207
All of this time I have been skimming a couple of other message boards on low carb eating, but have never really been an active poster. I am going to give it a try this time around and hope that maybe if I actually put down my own journal and have some support from folks who understand, maybe it will help to keep me focused and motivated.
So...all of you great people out there who have been here, done that...please help! All I need is to be reminded of all the wonderful reasons I want to do this for myself and my kids...health and happiness! Hopefully I can maybe help someone else out on their journey too!
Looking forward to making some great new friends here!
Lumby

Goat Lady
Fri, Jan-14-05, 21:08
Lumby,
Hello and Welcome....that story sounds like me....lost 20 lbs about 5 years ago and had about 15 more to go...felt comfortable with what I lost and thought I "deserved" to eat what I want cause I was "close"....BIG MISTAKE!! I've been on and off Atkins for about 7 years now...more motivated now than the other 1 billion times I've "tried". It seems that when I would get close to my goal weight, I'd have the mind set that I look better than I did 20 lbs ago...I CAN NOW EAT!!! Anyway...enough about my story....
You can do this! Stay on the boards...keep legal food avalible and go to the success gallery....what a motivator for me! We'll be looking for you again! There's so many supportive people here...it's amazing!

Miss H.M
Sat, Jan-15-05, 20:54
maybe with the support we can give each other, we wont tend to slip up and give up...I know just being amonst fellow lowcarbers, I feel comfortable, and I have a chance to suceed!so welcome to the begining of a new life...forget about your past booboos, you dont need them now...whats ahead is whats important...keep talking about your wonderful family, and that too will keep you motivated!! you will help me more than you know! okay? so lets move forward!! glad you posted here, and look forward to your next posts! :wave:
cheryll

4beans4me
Sun, Jan-16-05, 08:11
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/lmkbubblfsh.gif