PDA

View Full Version : Give it a name, and win a low-carb cookbook

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tamarian
Thu, Jan-13-05, 13:49
Hi folks,

We have something new and special for 2005. A new software will be installed in the forum, that will offer quite a few tools to track and follow your plan. It will allow tracking of daily food, meals, exercise plus weight and measurements. In addition it will have some tools such as a recipe calculator, body fat tracking, etc. It will also evolve to offer a lot more, based on your input.

For now, we just don't know what to call it.

Two names have crossed my mind: progress-tracker and loser-log

If you have any ideas for a better name (that has not been used, like FitDay or NutriCounter, etc.), please share. If we end up using your name suggestion, you'll get a signed copy of Karen's new book "The Low-Carb Gourmet" :)

http://www.lowcarb.ca/the-low-carb-gourmet.html
http://www.lowcarb.ca/karen/lowcarbgourmet-th.jpg

The tool will be available to all members. But for now, we will start with a small group of members as beta-testers, just to make sure it's ready for a large number of our users.

Wa'il

--Proposed names so far (Jan-27-05)

- LCDay or LCLife

- P.L.A.N. (Personal Lowcarber Assessment Notebook)

- Lowcarber.organizer

- My P.L.A.N.

- P.L.O.T. (Personalized Lowcarber Optimalization (or Optimising) )Tool

- Tools to Lose!

- eTrak,

- ezTrak

- multiTrak

- dailyTrak

- TrackMaster

- PlanDirector

- NutriTracker

- NutriPlanner

- NutriMaster

- CarbToolz

- CarbTools

- MyCarbTools

- CarbTrackit

- locarbTrak

- loTrak

- Track-To-Lose

- Trak2Lose

- MetaTrack

- DataTrak

- Getting Fit

- Get Fit

- Healthy Living Diary

- Living Healthy Diary

- Health Tracker

- Health Diary

- Low Carb Life Support

- Nutrition Diary

- LCdataPro

- C.A.R.B. Chek (Carbohydrate Addicts Recovery & Balance Chek)

- Figures

- Fitrac or fitrack

- MY P.A.L (Personal Accomplishments Log) Or (Personal Account Log)

Citruskiss
Fri, Jan-14-05, 11:21
I'm a newbie, and while I don't have time to "test" the new program since I've got a lot of stuff going on in my life, I'd love to offer up a couple of suggestions for the name.

How 'bout LCDay or LCLife?

I like LCLife because it encompasses all the facets of LC'ing, as well as reinforcing the idea that LC is a way of life.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw my two cents in.

:)

Elihnig
Fri, Jan-14-05, 19:21
f you have any ideas for a better name (that has not been used, like FitDay or NutriCounter, etc.), please share. If we end up using your name suggestion, you'll get a signed copy of Karen's new book "The Low-Carb Gourmet"

I have an idea! How about calling it the P.L.A.N.

Personal
Lowcarber
Assessment
Notebook

Beth

tamarian
Fri, Jan-14-05, 19:23
I have an idea! How about calling it the P.L.A.N.

Personal
Lowcarber
Assessment
Notebook

Beth

I love it :thup:

Wa'il

4beans4me
Fri, Jan-14-05, 19:29
That is fantastic Beth! :thup:

potatofree
Fri, Jan-14-05, 19:34
Lowcarber.organizer :D

4beans4me
Fri, Jan-14-05, 19:37
Following Beth's acronym.. how bout

My P.L.A.N.

Elihnig
Fri, Jan-14-05, 20:17
Had another thought: P.L.O.T.

Personalized
Lowcarber
Optimalization (or Optimising)
Tool

Beth

EmmaB
Fri, Jan-14-05, 20:46
Aw geez, Beth! You're too good and too fast!

Em

2Short
Sat, Jan-15-05, 01:44
I like Tools to Lose!

Rosebud
Thu, Jan-20-05, 06:05
There must be something unimaginative about me, but I've thought all along that "Progress Tracker" is excellent. :)

Roz

palatina
Sat, Jan-22-05, 09:30
I'm new, don't know if you decided on a name yet. Here's a few ideas:

eTrak
ezTrak
multiTrak
dailyTrak

Didn't Google them, don't know if they've been used elsewhere. If so, could replace Trak with Track, Tracker.

And lastly, since it sounds so comprehensive, how about The Carbo-Nator !!!

diemde
Sat, Jan-22-05, 10:13
Here are some more ideas...
TrackMaster (my favorite)
PlanDirector
NutriTracker
NutriPlanner
NutriMaster

palatina
Sat, Jan-22-05, 11:05
Can't quit thinking about this :)

How about

CarbToolz (or CarbTools or MyCarbTools)
CarbTrackit
locarbTrak
loTrak
Track-To-Lose
Trak2Lose
MetaTrack
DataTrak

AFwife
Sat, Jan-22-05, 11:12
Hi folks,

We have something new and special for 2005. A new software will be installed in the forum, that will offer quite a few tools to track and follow your plan. It will allow tracking of daily food, meals, exercise plus weight and measurements. In addition it will have some tools such as a recipe calculator, body fat tracking, etc. It will also evolve to offer a lot more, based on your input.

For now, we just don't know what to call it.

Two names have crossed my mind: progress-tracker and loser-log

If you have any ideas for a better name (that has not been used, like FitDay or NutriCounter, etc.), please share. If we end up using your name suggestion, you'll get a signed copy of Karen's new book "The Low-Carb Gourmet" :)

http://www.lowcarb.ca/the-low-carb-gourmet.html
http://www.lowcarb.ca/karen/lowcarbgourmet-th.jpg

The tool will be available to all members. But for now, we will start with a small group of members as beta-testers, just to make sure it's ready for a large number of our users.

Wa'il

Hummmmm....how about...

Getting Fit
Get Fit
Healthy Living Diary or Living Healthy Diary
Health Tracker
Health Diary

Good luck finding a name and congrat's to the winner who ever it is.

tamarian
Sat, Jan-22-05, 11:32
Keep 'em coming folks :)

The winner will be picked when beta testing is over, hopefully in a week or two.

Wa'il

bigted
Sun, Jan-23-05, 13:49
Low Carb Life Support

Nutrition Diary

Although I am partial to PLAN

palatina
Sun, Jan-23-05, 14:35
A suggestion for the progress tool/log:

LCdataPro

P.S. Self-explanatory, but just in case :)

LC = low carb
data = data
Pro = progress

josiekat
Sun, Jan-23-05, 15:28
C.A.R.B. Chek

Carbohydrate Addicts Recovery & Balance Chek

or change the spelling of Chek to Check.......

jun keater
Mon, Jan-24-05, 18:32
How about:

Figures

Fitrac or fitrack

LisaAC
Tue, Jan-25-05, 15:18
hmm.. here are a few thoughts.

MY P.A.L (Personal Accomplishments Log) Or (Personal Account Log)

josiekat
Tue, Jan-25-05, 15:24
Lisa....I like that one....it sounds great!

LisaAC
Tue, Jan-25-05, 15:25
Thanks. :)

tamarian
Sat, Jan-29-05, 16:07
Hi folks,

We're almost done with the first release of the tool, and it should be out in a couple of days :thup:

Not sure if there's any clear winner yet, and we may stick with what we have "Progress-Tracker". But not to worry :) If we stick with that name, we'll still award the book to the second place choice.

How about this, select one of the names mentioned below, and tell us what you like about it

- LCDay or LCLife

- P.L.A.N. (Personal Lowcarber Assessment Notebook)

- Lowcarber.organizer

- My P.L.A.N.

- P.L.O.T. (Personalized Lowcarber Optimalization (or Optimising) )Tool

- Tools to Lose!

- eTrak,

- ezTrak

- multiTrak

- dailyTrak

- TrackMaster

- PlanDirector

- NutriTracker

- NutriPlanner

- NutriMaster

- CarbToolz

- CarbTools

- MyCarbTools

- CarbTrackit

- locarbTrak

- loTrak

- Track-To-Lose

- Trak2Lose

- MetaTrack

- DataTrak

- Getting Fit

- Get Fit

- Healthy Living Diary

- Living Healthy Diary

- Health Tracker

- Health Diary

- Low Carb Life Support

- Nutrition Diary

- LCdataPro

- C.A.R.B. Chek (Carbohydrate Addicts Recovery & Balance Chek)

- Figures

- Fitrac or fitrack

- MY P.A.L (Personal Accomplishments Log) Or (Personal Account Log)

jun keater
Mon, Jan-31-05, 03:56
Fitrac or fitrack - I like this (#1 because I thought of it!) :lol:

It's easy to say. Easy to remember. Easy to spell..... :agree:

Elihnig
Tue, Feb-01-05, 07:38
When you mentioned that the "progress tracker tool" would be taking the place of Chat on the green bar I thought that a 4 letter acronym like P.L.A.N. would save space and also be immediately understood for it's purpose.

Beth

tamarian
Tue, Feb-01-05, 08:12
When you mentioned that the "progress tracker tool" would be taking the place of Chat on the green bar I thought that a 4 letter acronym like P.L.A.N. would save space and also be immediately understood for it's purpose.

Good point :)

Whatever goes on the menu will be abbreviated, or replaced with a short word, regardless of the actual tool name...

I'm still undecided, but have a couple of favourites.

Wa'il

bvtaylor
Tue, Feb-01-05, 11:09
I think I like My P.L.A.N. out of what you have listed, but I would suggest just for fun, HealthTrek or CarbTrek - To Boldy Go Where No Weight Has Gone Before! :lol:

Citruskiss
Tue, Feb-01-05, 11:33
I'm liking "P.L.A.N." and "PAL" - they're both pretty catchy, short and easy to understand.

Although I suggested something like LCLife - it doesn't encompass the "tool" factor, or suggest "tracking" of some kind. This being said, I kind of liked the "name brand" sound of LCLife, and I liked having the word "life" in there because it suggested a lifestyle.

My vote still goes to P.L.A.N or PAL - great names! And definitely well-suited to a "tracker tool". :clap:

dane
Thu, Feb-03-05, 02:50
My vote is to PAL (or MyPAL), but I would change it to mean Personal Assessment Log. (Of course, creidt for PAL to original poster :) )

This term is easy, short, and kinda covers everything....... the PT tool is so much more than just another food log.

The PLAN one would be my second choice, but I'm not sure about the Lowcarber part...... seems to imply it can only be used by a LC-er, rather than, say, a low fatter, or a Zoner.

LisaAC
Thu, Feb-03-05, 08:04
My vote is to PAL (or MyPAL), but I would change it to mean Personal Assessment Log. (Of course, creidt for PAL to original poster :)

dane, that's a good idea as well. Really, a lot of things could be put there to mean P.A.L. :)

Lots of great ideas here. It's so hard to decide just which one I like best.

Elihnig
Thu, Feb-03-05, 08:11
The PLAN one would be my second choice, but I'm not sure about the Lowcarber part...... seems to imply it can only be used by a LC-er, rather than, say, a low fatter, or a Zoner.

This website is http://forum.lowcarber.org . All the more reason to have lowcarber in it.

Beth

dane
Thu, Feb-03-05, 08:41
This website is http://forum.lowcarber.org . All the more reason to have lowcarber in it.

Beth
Yeah yeah, I know, :) But I was thinking more along these lines:
PS - Wa'il, this tracker is turning into something better than what I'm getting out of FitdayPC. If you whipped up a home version of this, you'd have buyers!

palatina
Thu, Feb-03-05, 09:13
I submitted a number of suggestions in "think tank" or brainstorming style. I was thinking of it in terms of the larger market as well, and IMO some version of the terms "tools" or "track" is appropriate when I envision it on store shelves. I'm not a veteran here, but my background is in marketing so I can't help but join in the discussion. :)

tamarian
Fri, Feb-04-05, 09:25
The winning name is My P.L.A.N.

As the initial suggestion for P.L.A.N. (Personal Lowcarber Assessment Notebook) came from Elihnig, she gets the book. And 4Beans4me added the "My", which added a nice touch, she gets one too :)

What I like about the name is that it stands on it's own, as a name or as an acrynom. It's a lot shorter than Progress-Tracker.

We may use te acrynom differently though, as (My Personal Lowcarber Analysis & Nutrition)...

Another reason for choosing MyPLAN is that we will eventually have a very detailed customization tool added to it, where it let's you monitor and score against a criteria you set for yourself.

So, congrats to Elihnig and 4Beans4me (Please PM Karen with your mailing addresses and how you'd like the book signed)

And thanks to everyone for participating, as this brainstorming session helped a lot :thup:

Wa'il

4beans4me
Fri, Feb-04-05, 09:31
HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

(I actually just yesterday was checking on amazon for ordering Karen's cookbook!)

dane
Fri, Feb-04-05, 09:41
Way to go you guys! :thup:

Jenni-star
Fri, Feb-04-05, 11:57
Of my my own creation i like Carbytoolz, but out of your suggestions i reckon my P.L.A.N. is the best.
P.S. it's great that this will be a new feature on the site.

palatina
Fri, Feb-04-05, 14:21
Well, I didn't win, but I'm not bitter -- much :( Think I'll drown my sorrow by eating some carbs -- NOT! :yum:

Seriously, congrats to the winners! Can't wait to use "My P.L.A.N." :agree:

Jenni-star
Sat, Feb-05-05, 07:28
DH Suggestion Tune Your Carb! Or
T.Y.C.F.O.P. (Tuning your Carb for Optimal Performance)
or Performance Carbies.
You can tell DH is a revhead