PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

just_lulu
Fri, Jan-14-05, 02:56
:wave: [FONT=Verdana]Hi Everyone!!!!
I'm so very happy I found this site. It is absolutely wonderful!
On Jan. 6th I was 5'4" 234 lbs. :thdown:
The same day I started the Atkins Diet (again)
Unfortunately I didn't weigh myself when I got home from the Dr.'s office on Tuesday so I have to go by what my scale at home said on Thursday I weighed myself at home it read 224 lbs... Must be WAY off.
I weighed myself again today and I was at 215 lbs. :cheer:
So far I'm off to a wonderful start!
My hardest thing to give up last time was Pepsi... It was my downfall!
This time I have gave it up cold turkey.
Now if I could only give up the cigarettes as easy!
Anyway I'm really looking forward to getting to know as many of you as I can.
Hopefully I'll be able to support you all as much as you will me.
FONT]

Goat Lady
Fri, Jan-14-05, 07:30
Hello and Welcome LuLu! Congrats on your loss! I hear ya about the soda. I do drink Dt. Coke...but I'm trying to up my water....(hard to do!) I haven't given up the Marlboros....(wish I could!) but that's for another day!
Good Luck and stay with us!

just_lulu
Fri, Jan-14-05, 12:05
Thanks so much for the reply it means the world to me.
It's nice to know you have support out there.
Fortunately I have never liked diet soda so that was a plus. I'm actually amazed at myself for being able to give it up so easy this time cuz I always swore I had Pepsi coarsing through my veins instead of blood :lol:
The last time I did this I craved it something awful.
But this time I think it was on day 3 of only drinking water (which I can truly say I never drank) I thought well I'll try a sip ( of Pepsi)... It didn't even taste good. Which was a really good thing cuz I would have been right back at it. So Now I drink water... unsweeted Luzianne Tea (difficult also cuz here in the south everyone drinks Sweet Tea)... and I bought a few bottles of Crystal Light Pink Lemonade which is ok.. but it has that same after taste that I always get from the diet soda so I don't drink it much either.
No on the other hand me and Marlboro's whoo are we good friends ...that is the tough one.. Hubby's more after me to quit those than anything. (He's a non-smoker. But I started smoking when I was 12 (full fledged that is) always snuck them before that even as young as 5 or 6 I think... anyway I'm 28 now and man is it hard before the new year I was down to 2 or 3 a day then we went over to a friends New Years Eve and I fell of the wagon. Since then I've been back to a pack a day! :nono:
I think if I could just go 1 day without any I would be fine but I always cave...How can it be this hard..
Anyway thanks again for your reply it means the world to me and thanks for reading my rantings this time.

KryssiMc
Fri, Jan-14-05, 14:19
Know what you mean. Addicted to Pepsi also and I guess, by default, caffeine. Both no-no's on this diet! Well, good luck to you cuz if I can do it so can you. Let us know if you have any solutions to the caffeine withdrawal headaches!

just_lulu
Fri, Jan-14-05, 14:33
I have to admit I haven't quite gave up all the caffeine still drink tea.
But I'm working on it I had to have a change from the water. The caffeine headaches well I am cursed with migraines and they are awful... usually put me flat on my back so a normal headache would be good for me...I wish I could help more

Goat Lady
Fri, Jan-14-05, 16:00
Lulu,

Soooo, I see we have the SAME best friend...the Marlboro man! Oh how I wish he would leave!!!! But...one thing at a time!
That's great about the Pepsi...it helps when it doesn't taste that good anymore! I also still drink unsweetened/sweetened tea (I'm from Louisiana...good 'ole south!) I just sweeten it with splenda....not too bad!

Glad you are aboard!

Elana
Fri, Jan-14-05, 22:44
Lulu that's an amazing amount you've lost in that period!

I'm also a soda freak, I'm trying Diet Rite right now, it's a little gross, but at least it's carbonated!

Miss H.M
Sat, Jan-15-05, 21:27
glad you picked this as yours! smokes are for another battle for another time...welcome! I dont smoke, but I do feel for you..it must be hard to quit! but in the meantime, I'm here for you, with a tall glass of unsweetened tea.....look forward to your future posts!! :wave: cheryll

4beans4me
Sun, Jan-16-05, 08:15
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/lmkbubblfsh.gif

Sweetcake
Sun, Jan-16-05, 08:21
Welcome to the forum!

lianna
Sun, Jan-16-05, 08:57
Another southern girl here who refuses to give up her iced tea! Thankfully, I have never drank sweet tea or cokes. Just be sure to get in plenty of pure water also. Drink it until you are floating! Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your great start!