PDA

View Full Version : I am new to atkins...and I am excited! : )

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

vertzyme
Thu, Jan-13-05, 19:27
[COLOR=Red]Hello Everyone!!! I am new to this whole diet process. This is my first diet (lifestyle change) that I have ever done. I am excited and looking forward to the near future. I wasn't planning on dieting until I had to try on bridesmaid dresses for my friends wedding. When all of the dresses were a size four...and I wasn't (by any means). : ) Okay...okay something has to change. I gained over 25 lbs in the past few years... that is no simple feat. I am very determined you see...every day I would eat all that I shouldn't and never excersise like I should. twix...sure! sit-ups...no way! Okay so maybe I am exaggerating a little but none the less I didn't get this way by doing all that I should have. So.... I am almost through with my second week of Induction. I have only had weigh in once, but after a week I was 8 lbs lighter. I have been trying to be creative with meals so I don't get bored. I welcome any hints or suggestions that anyone may offer. I also have a few of my own if you are interested. I welcome any feedback and look forward to getting to know everyone better... soon! Good Luck to all who are fighting the fight with me! **Jessica**

forms
Thu, Jan-13-05, 21:44
I'm excited too, but just about 48 hours into it and already lost 2 pounds. (I won't mention the Hershey Kiss incident last night)

I've never really dieted before either and was intimidated a little reading the book wondering if I could manage all the information and apply all the rules and reasoning to myself. I think with this forum I will be able to.

Aren't weddings a great incentive to weight loss? LOL.

Happy to meet you.

Cynthia

vertzyme
Fri, Jan-14-05, 16:20
Thanks for your support. Congratulations on your own loss. I have found that it is too difficult to cut sweets out all together, so every couple of days I wil have a lc candy treat. I find that it helps greatly and I haven't cheated with sugar candy once. You may want to see if that helps you on those difficult days. Good Luck with your weight loss, I know you will succeed!!!

4beans4me
Fri, Jan-14-05, 16:23
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/ACC35.GIF

Miss H.M
Sat, Jan-15-05, 21:42
:lol: yes, weddings must be the #! incentive for lossing weight...funny isnt it? its easy to get bored with meals sometimes, so i look forward to any suggestions anyone here may have... wow, a mom of 5? so sycked for you!!!
as a mom of 2, it can be a bit hettic, and taking care of yourself usually is an afterthought, if ever thought....I'm really glad I came across the site, its great.look forward to fighting shoulder to shoulder with ya!! the trenches can get deep, so we all need a boost, time to time! glad to meet you!welcome friend! :wave: cheryll