PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, a newbie returns

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BEARCLAW92
Wed, Jan-12-05, 10:33
Hi everyone, My name is Sharry. I tried LCing last year, with very little results. I was bitter and determined that I was one of those people who would just be fat for the rest of my life. After seeing and reading lots of stories about LCing, I deceided to reread my Dr. Atkins Book. I started again on New Years Day and have lost 5 pounds so far. The difference this time, is I no longer eat "allowed foods" like their my last meal. I really make sure I'm hungry first. I also don't make meals out of all the new LC foods, ie. ice cream, Russell Stover chocolates etc. I also make sure I do some kind of excersise 5 days a week. I am seeing results this time and for the first time I feel I really may be able to do this. I have over 100 lbs to loose and I am hoping for some friends who are going through the same thing to help encourage each other. I thank you for reading my post and hope we will talk soon. Thanks.

Tally
Wed, Jan-12-05, 10:43
I'm going through the same thing (I have 90 lbs. left to lose)!
Congrats on dumping the "low carb" processed foods, they really don't help at all! It pays to do your research, when you go to the grocery store make sure you have plenty of time, I've found that low carb shopping takes a lot longer than my "regular" shopping used to take because now I read every label I can get my hands on. I've found that a lot of "low carb" products really aren't that low carb (and certainly not low enough for induction). It's best to just buy everything fresh - veggies, fruits, meats, dairy, forget most things in a box or bag that say "low carb" on the front and you'll thank yourself as the pounds start to come off!

Iowagirl
Wed, Jan-12-05, 10:44
Welcome Bearclaw! Your best bet is to eliminate those 'frankenfoods' and stick to the basics. Great idea to start exercising. Keep up the good work!

4beans4me
Wed, Jan-12-05, 15:49
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcome!.gif