PDA

View Full Version : Sixfootur

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sixfootur
Wed, Jan-12-05, 10:30
Hello all! :wave:
Just introducing myself. I'm on a journey to lose over 80 lbs. I'll need all the support I can get in order to reach my goal. Thanks for being here. :)

Iowagirl
Wed, Jan-12-05, 10:33
Welcome! You can do this!

nikotyme
Wed, Jan-12-05, 10:34
Welcome aboard Sixfootur

Great to have you with us.

As you can see there's alot of stuff to read on here, so find your niche and get yourself a journal going so that we can pop in to say hi and check on your progress.

Ask questions, visit journals and the recipe section, it's all good.
As will be losing that 80 lbs.

Best of luck to you on your weight loss journey.

Tally
Wed, Jan-12-05, 10:38
wlecome! I'll help you if you'll help me ;) I started with 100 lbs. to lose, now I only have 90 lbs, so we're in just about the same boat. I found the first week was difficult because I thought my food choices were so limited, which is true to some extent because there are some things you can't have (bread, sugar, pasta, potatos, etc.) but I learned that there is so much that I can have that I don't feel limited anymore! I would highly reccomend spending some time in the kitchen forum, everyone has great ideas on how to vary your menus and how to make "faux" (low carb) favorites. I also reccomend starting a journal where you can write all your thoughts, troubles you're having, what your menu looks like, whatever you want, and people can give you feedback, advice and encouragement. This is such a supportive, positive place! I come here multiple times a day and it helps keep me excited about losing weight and my new LCL (low carb lifestyle). Good luck and I hope too see you around here a lot!!!

4beans4me
Wed, Jan-12-05, 15:47
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcome!.gif