PDA

View Full Version : New to this forum, not new to LC

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TilaBC
Tue, Jan-11-05, 16:43
Hi there !
My name is Tina and I just moved from my hometown near to a small town in Coastal BC (Canada) called Gibsons. My husband is Canadian and we moved here for his work Nov 2004. I am 35, Married, no kids, one spoiled black lab and presently am not working due to immigration. I have applied for residency here but it could be 6 months before I can enter the workforce. Prior to moving in November, I did corporate travel for huge dot com near Seattle. I miss not working and feel I may need extra support due to boredom and unfamiliarity.
I am 5'11" fairly large athletic type build. My top weight was 262 and when I started Atkins in Sep 02 I weighed 242. Between Sep 02 and Mar 03 I got down to 185. My goal weight is 160 but I would be pretty darn happy at 175.
Once I got down to 185, I became more lenient with low carb tortillas and a few things like that but maintained my weight fairly effortlessly until the last 6 months where I have put on 10 lbs !!! I am horrified !!!! I got married, quit the best job I ever had, and moved to a small town in the middle of no where all within a few months !! I still don't eat sugar or bread but up until recently I was eating microwave popcorn a couple x's a week. It seemed like beer and hot wings were a once a week habit as well. I can blame it on a million things but the bottom line is that I got lazy.
I did not come this far to gain this weight back !!!!!!!! NO NO NO NO NO!!!
10 can easily turn into 20 and 20 can turn into 40 etc.. I WILL NOT GO BACK !

Okay, well, thanks for listening. I look forward to sharing with a supportive group of LC friends :)

Tina
260/195/160 :wave:

bajangrl32
Tue, Jan-11-05, 21:07
Welcome Aboard :wave: .

Glad to see you are jumping back in before the weight gain takes over. Wow six months is a while to get started in the work force but just use that time to work on yourself :D .

Michelle

4beans4me
Wed, Jan-12-05, 08:57
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcome.gif