PDA

View Full Version : new ....again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

dawnseve
Tue, Jan-11-05, 12:18
I am trying to start all over again at low carb / almost no refined sugar eating. I've been gone a while...actually a year. Its so hard but these past couple months I have been non stop binging on sugar! Chocolate, chips, etc. Just getting more depressed as I eat. I don't know how much weight I gained because my scale isn't accurate. I 'm not overweight but headed there. I am out of control and scared.
Today this is what I had so far....
3 cups of coffee with creamer that is Splenda sweetened (Internation Delights low carb formula) I know...that much coffee is bad but I have a 16 months old who I have to keep up with all day and then a 10 yr old too.
A bowl of instant, reg oatmeal with water only.
3 glasses of water
1 banana
1 can of tuna w/ mayo on wheat bread

How bad am I doing so far?
Well, I hope to chat with all of you soon!
Hugs, Dawnseve

nets33
Tue, Jan-11-05, 12:49
Welcome!

Your food looks pretty good.... I'd agree with you on the Coffee thing :lol:... you might want to try and wean yourself off it slowly. Caffiene isn't the best thing for any kind of eating program.

I'm not as familiar with Sommersizing so I can't help you on your menu...

good luck!
Kiks

MsTwacky
Tue, Jan-11-05, 14:12
Welcome!!!!

Also I if your going to have fruit, try to have some lower carb fruit or something that doesn't have so much starch. 1 banana after all is 2 servings not 1!!! It might be better to have an orange or some berries. I'm also a big coffee drinker, I don't care.hahaha!!

A good word of advise is to start a journal here to keep track of thoughts, feelings and events as well as food!!

Also many of us go to www.fitday.com as a very helpful tool.

Good Luck!!!

Taisiya

Miss H.M
Sun, Jan-16-05, 17:39
hopefully as your cravings subside, your energy will return, so you can wean yourself back off the coffee(I have 2 children myself, the youngest is 2 1/2) and its hard not to want to drink it! since you've done this before, you know you CAN do it! eating badly causes a viscious (sp)cycle of self hate, then more eating, then more self hate, so lets just jump off that ride! maybe the banana is a bit too high in carb(its way up there)do you like berries? perhaps you can try something on the lower carb index!there is alot to choose from!i'm gald to see you have joined us here, and we can keep each other motivated!!! I look forward to your post and progress! why not try keeping a journal here? it really helps out!!! :wave: go dawnseve!

PKV
Sun, Jan-16-05, 17:51
Welcome and best of luck to you :)