PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rls1981
Tue, Jan-11-05, 01:42
Hi everyone! :wave:

I found this site last night when I realized that I have to start taking charge of my health. I got online not really knowing what I was looking for and I got lucky! I was diagnosed with PCOS and Insulin Resistance four years ago and when I was laid off two years ago I lost my medical insurance. Instead of doing the responsible thing and trying to find another source of health care I sort of went into denial. I knew that sugar and carbohydrates were terrible for me, but I didn't realize just how bad things were getting until recently. I've been horribly depressed, I had to cut down my hours at my job because I was feeling exhausted all the time and eventually quit/stopped going to the job for both those reasons. Everything else started going down hill from there, but I'll go into that in my journal later.

In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out which plan is going to work best for me and I hope to get to know a bunch of you.

Hopeful214
Tue, Jan-11-05, 06:14
Welcome to the Forum.... There is a wealth of information on this forum to be shared .... You can do it !!!! Just remember your not alone you have a whole group of LC friends here to help you!!!
Hugs & smiles , Hopeful

Iowagirl
Tue, Jan-11-05, 07:47
Welcome! I personally think the Atkins plan is the easiest to understand and follow. Grab a copy of the book or check out their website. No better time like the present!

4beans4me
Tue, Jan-11-05, 09:25
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/ACC35.GIF

MsTwacky
Tue, Jan-11-05, 14:18
Welcome!!!!

I have PCOS also and I know how you feel and what your going through! Low carb is the best thing for PCOS, but don't get discouraged if the weight loss is slow. For some it is and for some it isn't. So nice to have you aboard. Feel free to stop in my journal anytime.

A good word of advise is to start a journal here to keep track of thoughts, feelings and events as well as food!!

Also many of us go to www.fitday.com as a very helpful tool.

Good Luck!!!

Taisiya

rls1981
Tue, Jan-11-05, 20:31
Thank you all for making me feel so welcome! :)

laurelx1
Tue, Jan-11-05, 20:46
Welcome. It's never too late to start taking charge of your health!

Certainly pick up a copy of any plan you might be interested in. Knowledge will be very crucial to your success!

:)

Miss H.M
Sun, Jan-16-05, 17:15
welcome! think of today as your first day of the rest of your healthy life! everywhere you turn, theres support and encouragement! I laugh alot more now that i'm here....perhaps you wouldnt mind educating me, just what is pcos? it doesnt sound very nice!i'm glad you have joined us here! I really look forward to your posts and cheering you on.....have you considered starting a journal here yet? give it try! :wave: cheryll