PDA

View Full Version : Is this posible

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mustdoit
Sun, Jan-09-05, 14:23
Hi everyone, I am new to your board and started inducting on the 1st of Jan since then I have only lost 1 lb to date?? I figured that the lack of loss was due to the carbs that I was sneaking in as I slowley adapted my new lifestye on this WOE. After a week of no loss I dropped any processed along with my lc bars and shakes ( I used these for lunch and breakfast at work) I also changed my plan to Atkins 72. I have been very faithful with this plan to date and only drank my orange crush diet sodas (splenda). The only carbs now came from my 1 salad plus vegies per day. I have since dropped my diet sodas and upped my water 2 days ago and still no loss..? even though I was in the washroom every hour during the night, I really expected a loss this AM but nothing.. now I need your opinions to help me stay motivated... Thanks for your help! Sandra

MissScruff
Sun, Jan-09-05, 14:33
http://madmonkeygaming.com/uploads/hello-tag01b.gif

Don't get discouraged and keep on eating a balanced low carb diet and soon you will see the results!

Citruskiss
Sun, Jan-09-05, 14:42
Hi Sandra,

I'm very new at this too, in fact, I only started on Tuesday January 4th.

The first thing I'd suggest is nixing ALL sodas, diet or otherwise. Even carbonated mineral water might result in water retention. Drink plain water, all day long, and perhaps the occasional cup of tea or what have you (completely unsweetened, and there are some good decafs out there).

It was hard for me to do this, but after five days now, I'm not missing fizzy drinks anymore. On days two and three, I was really craving a gingerale or any kind of pop. It was only because I was thirsty and needed to keep drinking water.

Good luck :)

Citruskiss
Sun, Jan-09-05, 14:43
PS - maybe hide that scale for a couple of weeks or so and then check. That way you won't make yourself worry about whether it's "working" or not.

zellka
Sun, Jan-09-05, 15:49
Hi Could your carbs be too low I wonder?

mustdoit
Sun, Jan-09-05, 18:55
Hi all thanks for the imput... I have nixed the sodas, yes I will miss them, but I will do whatever it takes.. it will be harder to lose the scale... lol I will hang in there and modify if needed. Glad to be on board.
Zelka is there such a thing as too low in carbs???

MissScruff
Sun, Jan-09-05, 19:36
I think there are! Just stick to the 20 and you will do great!!!!!! And the soda...I didn't give them up, but have found myself drinking less and less...don't know why, but I certainly won't complain! Now you are hearing this from a soda junky! I would buy 20 two-liter bottles a week and we would run out and did I mention we are a family of 3?

mustdoit
Sun, Jan-09-05, 19:41
I am a soda junky as well.... :D I would buy 3 cases of soda and would be out by weeks end.. if I was lucky!! LOL But I am going cold turkey now to see if that is what is holding me back.. the answer will hopefully be on the scale with me tomorow morning....?? :lol:

EmmaB
Sun, Jan-09-05, 19:42
Hi mustdoit, welcome to the board!

I notice your profile says your start weight was 260 and your current weight is 250. Were you doing some other low-carb plan prior to Jan 1? Or a low-fat plan perhaps? If you've already been dieting and losing weight successfully, you probably won't see the sudden loss that other people get when they go from a pre-diet carb binge straight to induction.

Let us know what you were eating to get from 260 to 250 and I'm pretty sure that will explain the more gradual progress now.

Keep at it, you will see great progress and it will be worth the wait! And stick with the increased water intake, it's doing you good.

Em

MissScruff
Sun, Jan-09-05, 19:44
Now, you all don't go kicking yourself if it is too hard at first to let the soda go! You will eventually not want it anyhow! Serious!!!! My family is stunned that I don't hardly drink the stuff anymore!

tnts*mom
Sun, Jan-09-05, 19:48
:wave: Welcome to the boards

mustdoit
Mon, Jan-10-05, 08:42
Now I am beginning to worry perhaps I have messed up my system for low carbing??? I am still at the same weight????? this morning.
Emma I have low carbed before and lost 30 lbs but I have been off for at least 6 months slowly gaining it all back. The only diet I have been on since then is the see-it diet whatever I see I eat it...lol
Has this happened to others?? thats what I really need to know... I even subed my splenda for stevia in my tea ( no cream) and my Keto stix could not be any redder??? I can't tell you how devastated I was this am.... I also have a really good scale its a Tanita, I even had my son try it to make sure it wasn't stuck. lol
Truthfully I don't know what else to cut out?? The only carbs are my 2 cups of salad with olive oil dressing.. and some nuts
menu
breakfast-2eggs
lunch-chicken breast (1/2 breast) & broccoli (4 florets)
small lettuce salad w/ ollive oil & lemon juice dressing
Dinner-small lean steak- with lettuce and SF jello (1tbs whipping ceam)
and that is all for the day...... if I am still hungry I have a few nuts to curb it.
So what do you all think??

zellka
Mon, Jan-10-05, 16:35
Yes I believe you can eat too few carbs and stall. Try to stick above 15 and below 20.

Jennao10
Mon, Jan-10-05, 17:01
You are eating close to what I started out eating regularly. I felt that I was not losing so I added a little extra fat. 2 slices of bacon instead of one and 2 chicken breasts instead of one. That seemed to work for me.

You are doing great! Don't fret, stress makes us gain remember!

Your body may be adjusting to the diet, give it time without changing anything else from what you posted as your menu.
You could also put your food in fitday and it will give the breakdown of what you are eating.

Best wishes,
Jen

MissScruff
Mon, Jan-10-05, 17:38
Now...didn't I already tell you to eat 20 carbs? :D Seriously, you do need to eat enough carbs so your body doesn't go into starvation mode! You, my dear, have put yourself into just that! So, you need to get the carbs to 20 and just be patient because it took you a long time to get the extra weight on and it's going to take you a while to get the weight off! It has taken me a couple of years to get to where I am right now! Am I impatient? YOU BET! So, you need to sit down and come up with a new plan for eating 15-20 carbs a day...no more and no less! There are plenty of allowable foods that are carbless so you should never be hungry! My favorite has been cooked shrimp...I steam it and melt butter on it! I can see you are watching the scale, but have you also measured your body and recorded that??? There will be times when you won't loose an ounce but the inches will just melt away! You don't have to post those...I keep mine in my filing cabinet! Also, you mention eating bacon? Can I be blunt and ask you if you looked at what is in your bacon???????? Sugar and salt for sure! The sugar is going to stall you out. I finally found a sugar free bacon that is absolutely delicious! Yes it has salt and I am thinking about soaking my bacon the night before I eat it because I have heard rumor that it will remove a good amount of it...got to try to see if it's true. But, the sugar can be damaging because the idea of low carbing is to eliminate those sugars...or at least one aspect of it is! I think you are more than likely getting too much sugar and are starving your body of carbs so the starvation mode kicked in and the sugar is just getting sucked into your fat cells as fast as you eat it. I could be wrong though because I am no expert, but I have run into similar problems and these changes seem to have helped. I hope you figure out what is causing it...maybe posting your foods in detail along with the brand names so others can warn you off if you are having something you shouldn't!

Jennao10
Tue, Jan-11-05, 11:01
You know Miss Scruff I have looked at everything but my bacon! HA I will have to go get it and look! Thanks, Jen

mustdoit
Wed, Jan-12-05, 08:14
Hi all
Well I did it again, I weighed myself this morning and to my amazement I still have not budged.. I think my problem could be water retention, mainly cause my boobs ache and I know I don't have a monthly coming so it must be that in addition my ears are ringing.. Regardless, I plan to stick with it cause I sure do feel alot better and I have even had a few people actualy noticed a difference!! KOOL! :)
ALso FYI since I started Atkins 72 I have not touched Bacon, my diet is pretty simple like above and I am not hungry also to assure me, my Keto stix are darkest burgundy.. so something must be happening, somewhere?? Right??

Miss H.M
Sun, Jan-16-05, 16:51
missScruff has alot of good points...alot of things contain hidden sugars, and unless you read everything, you'll eat it and stall, until you stop eating it...are you on Atkins? Im pretty sure you cant have nuts during induction(sorry, I love em too!)...also, if you are near the time of the month for your period, you wont see anything budge on the scale alot of time...but you will see the numbers move, just be patient( i now how hard it is!)in the meantime, join us here as often as possible!!start a journal(very helpful) and try a few new recipes! and post often!look forward to hearing from ya! :wave: cheyrll