PDA

View Full Version : new here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tcollier
Wed, Jan-05-05, 22:38
hello there i'm 31 years old i stoped smoking about a year ago and after that i started to put the pounds on and now it is time to get rid of them my wife also done the some but she has had urges to start again to get rid of her weight so i thought this would help both of us. any help needed

:wave:

PurpleHugs
Thu, Jan-06-05, 02:55
Welcome!! :wave:

I'm another newbie too, but thought I'd stop by!

Well done on giving up smoking. Sadly I have seen my mother, and my mother in law with the results of years of smoking. I won't give you horror stories as I don't think that'll help, other than to say I instantly respect anyone that can kick the habit.

Good luck with induction, it really does produce results. As a 5' 3" 32 year old female.. I've lost 11lb by doing strict induction. and that's in slightly less than one week.

Your losses will vary, but will be well worth doing.

:agree:

Chrismarg
Thu, Jan-06-05, 05:50
How on earth did you give up smoking???? Anyone who can is already a champion!!

Good luck with the low carb thing - I lost 10 kilos in 26 days. But I still smoke.... and wish I didn't. Another goal for another day.
cheers
Chris

ThisIsIt
Thu, Jan-06-05, 07:23
Hi and welcome to the boards! Congrats on giving up smoking too!
Best of luck to you and your wife!

- Amber

skippie
Thu, Jan-06-05, 07:37
Welcome and congrats on the quit smoking. My hubby is doing LC with me and it really is easier as team. Good Luck to you both.
:wave:

MissScruff
Thu, Jan-06-05, 13:28
http://madmonkeygaming.com/uploads/hello-tag01b.gif

4beans4me
Thu, Jan-06-05, 13:40
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcome3.gif

tcollier
Thu, Jan-06-05, 18:13
:hyper: I stoped using smoke away and also i had it in my head that i was going to stop and i think that waswhat done it

i am on my third day and already lost 4 lbs