PDA

View Full Version : Happy New You everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Brsuga71
Tue, Jan-04-05, 20:26
Hey now ;-) Have been reading the posts on this site and like others, I find it to be a warm and supportive environment - which is what we all are probably searching for as we try and adjust to this WOE/WOL.

This is my 3rd attempt at Atkins. My first attempt failed because I viewed Atkins as a diet and got a lil cocky after losing 12lbs, lol. The second attemtpt failed because I figured that I could treat this like BFL - eat right 6 days out the week and pig out on carbs on the 7th. Hmmm, wrong answer, kid. ;-) Even though I am active physically in my life, my body has never reaped the benefits of that activity because just as soon as I finished a spinning class or a 5 mile run, I popped a few, okay okay, 6 or 7, cookies in my mouth. That was my way of rewarding myself for working out so hard. What an "beep!"-backwards way of thinking right? Right. ;-)

This time, I will succeed because I have decided on this WOE/WOL for myself and the determination to see a new me this year is more overwhelming than my need for chocolate chip cookies. Never thought that would happen but I figure, if we can put a man on the moon, I can give up my addiction to chocolate, right? And I soooooooooooooooooooooooo deserve to look the best that I can and to feel the best way about my body. I live in SE Asia right now where the women are tiny - I'm talking a size 10 (American) is considered XXL over here! X-X-freaking-L!!!!! You could have bought me for a dollar when I saw that! Talk about hurting the ego!!! I tried on a blouse the other day and all I could fit in it was shoulder and half of my boobs!!!

Ladies - ever have that happen? When you are in the dressing room and they probably think that you are doing the funky chicken but you aren't - you are just desperately trying not to choke the heck out of yourself to get the thing off? So what do you do? You exit the dressing room, give the blouse back to the clerk and tell her that you didn't like the color, right? Yup, that's exactly what I did, too! ;-) Tiny women aside, enough was enough for the kid. ;-)

So anyhoo, hello to all, thanks to the founder of this website for giving people like me a safe haven to go to when you are just 'having one of those days'. As I learn to navigate the site, I'll post pics.

Blessings to all!

Talla
Tue, Jan-04-05, 20:30
Welcome. Start a journal so we can pop in and visit you.
Good luck !!!

MissScruff
Tue, Jan-04-05, 22:51
http://madmonkeygaming.com/uploads/hello-tag01b.gif

I used to cry when I tried clothes on! Now, I love going because I fit in things I hadn't been able to for years! Fat clothes for short people...never could find them! So, everything hung badly on me! Best of luck!

Brsuga71
Wed, Jan-05-05, 05:06
Thanks for the welcome, Talla & MissScruff! MissScruff, we are currently at the same weight - it will be nice to watch both of our progress, although you have done outstanding to get where you are! That's awesome! Thanks again!

4beans4me
Wed, Jan-05-05, 09:02
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcome!.gif