PDA

View Full Version : Induction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

KT2BOYS
Sat, Jan-01-05, 20:57
I have been on Atkins one week. I have not weighed since I started however plan to stick with it until I have lost at least 40 lbs. Please tell me what the best things to eat are while in induction phase. I have been eating 3 eggs and bacon for breakfast. Salad for lunch. Usually hamburger with cheese (sharp cheddar) and maybe broccoli or cauliflower for dinner. I normally like to have a drink however I believe alcohol is forbidden during induction. Any helpful hints would be appreciated. Thanks!

KT2BOYS
Sat, Jan-01-05, 21:00
I am the sister to the gottalose in the previous post. I had been a size 12 for years and during the past 2 years have gone to a 16/18. Need lots of support. Thanks, Kim

Dylan
Sun, Jan-02-05, 06:06
Best advice i could give ya- Re-read the book! I have read it over and used to carry it around with me! So useful! If for some reason you dont have it, you can always check out the atkins website! Its great and will tell you EVERYTHING you need to know about induction. Also, you could do a search in the forum and i believe there is a *sticky* posted in the newbie forum. I also believe the kitchen forum has some great recipes for induction.
Me, i like to keep it KISS style.
Hope this helps a little
Happy New Year

4beans4me
Sun, Jan-02-05, 11:10
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/ACC35.GIF

SnowinVT
Sun, Jan-02-05, 18:24
Hello,

Dylan is right read or re-read the book. Please also make sure you keep your protein intake. Make sure your salad for lunch has plenty of protein in it.

Good luck,

Sherri

Tanikova
Sun, Jan-02-05, 19:31
Welcome... you and your sister will find loads of support here

Sweetcake
Sun, Jan-02-05, 21:06
Welcome to the forum!

newlcer
Sun, Jan-02-05, 23:06
Yup! Read the book, read the book, read the book! :lol: And keep coming here for support! Good Luck! Cath :wave:

KT2BOYS
Mon, Jan-03-05, 09:38
Help, I wonder what i am doing wrong. I eat 3 eggs and 3-4 bacon for breakfast; salad for lunch with carb free dressing and no added sugar, cucumbers and lettuce mix. Dinner is usually hamburger with cheese (sharp cheddar) last night I had chicken and turnip greens and a salad. Its disappointing. I did have two drinks on different days with alcohol, I wonder if this messed it up completely. I am trying again. I am determined to be thin!

gottolose
Mon, Jan-03-05, 18:22
Don't get discouraged! Hang in there!

lisadrfam
Mon, Jan-03-05, 18:36
Hello,
I've only been on atkins for two days and i have lost one lb. that is ok. Can you drink crystal light on this diet? or caffeine free diet coke? just wondering thanks!!

MissScruff
Wed, Jan-05-05, 00:09
http://madmonkeygaming.com/uploads/hello-tag01b.gif

Look at the labels of what you are eating! Are you buying sugar free bacon????? If not, then you are getting sugar there and goodness knows what else? The hamburger??? Are their fillers??????? Eating as close to natural as possible is the best way to go. And lots of water. Drinking could easily stall you out. I got lots of my info from www.atkins.com I also pasted the basics for Induction and OWL into my Journal. Should be located on page 4 or round about. They are long posts so won't be easy to miss. Also, open a journal and list everything you are eating each day so others can see and maybe help. I would check those ingredients though and stay away from the drinks.