PDA

View Full Version : Happy Beginner!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cakesgalor
Wed, Dec-29-04, 16:50
Hello All! Just here to say 'hi!' and I'm thrilled to say the Atkins plan is sure working! I started on November 23rd and have lost about 12 and 1/2 lbs! And I can't believe I'm not starving!!!!!!!! :lol:
As of today, I thought I'd begin expanding my choices and I'm putting more effort into different recipes. I was thrilled to find a cheesecake recipe (I'll do that for New Year's Eve!) and much more!!
I guess I should keep a journal, but so far, I've basically stayed onthe Induction level, with just a couple 'treats' of a Scotch at Christmas and 2 slices of low-carb toast with my Eggs Benedict on Boxing Day morning (can you believe this???? I neverrr would have been able to have this before!!!) This diet is the best!!!
I wonder if the 'slowing' of the weight loss is because of the scotch and toast, or just an 'evening out' from the strict Induction phase? Any ideas? I won't let it get me down. I have relatives who totally say 'hang in there' and it will just skip off gradually and they have been living the Atkins way for 2 years! And they look/act terrific and happy! Can't ask for more!

Anyway, thanks for this chance to 'chat' and I appreciate any advice from you experience LC 'lifers!!' :wave:

MissScruff
Wed, Dec-29-04, 17:05
http://madmonkeygaming.com/uploads/hello-tag01b.gif

Sometimes you will loose inches and not pounds! You are close to goal so loss won't be all that fast!

cakesgalor
Wed, Dec-29-04, 17:40
Hi Miss Scruff! I just thought: maybe I have set a goal weight that is not low enough? How do you decide? D. :q:

Dodger
Wed, Dec-29-04, 17:47
Don't worry about the goal weight being correct or not. As you get close to it, evaluate how you look and feel and adjust it accordingly.

MissScruff
Wed, Dec-29-04, 18:22
Hi Miss Scruff! I just thought: maybe I have set a goal weight that is not low enough? How do you decide? D. :q:

Well, I am 43 years old and if I go much lower than 135 then what is going to keep all those laugh lines plumped up!!!!! Seriously, how tall are you? Bone structure? My doctor wants me to weigh no less than 143 pounds and wasn't horrified that I wanted to be 115! So, after lots of talking I decided to go for 135 and see how I like me then! I just don't want to look like a shriveled up old lady and if keeping a few pounds of fat helps then so be it! The idea is after all to be healthy and slim, not child like! Come visit me in my Journal! Have you started one yet?????? That way folks can visit you there!

cakesgalor
Wed, Dec-29-04, 20:19
Hi Miss Scruff! That is interesting about the wrinkles! I have noticed that I have some now - I am 46 and since I've packed at least 20 lbs extra since my second child, I never noticed any lines until now! So, I see what you mean! If I got to 115 I think I might reallllllly get wrinkly!! Shheeeesssh!! I guess I will just watch it and as I get to 135, I'll see if I'm happy there. I'm only 5'4" but pretty active in sports (muscular!!) so I doubt I'll ever look scrawny!!! Ha!!!
Thanks for the advice, though! OH, and I did start a journal...I wonder if anyone has seen it????? D.