PDA

View Full Version : Hello again!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

melissa07
Thu, Dec-23-04, 20:07
Just wanted to say hello. I have been a member here for quite a while, and had maintained my weight since this past fall. I was deployed to the Middle East for over a year & came home to a divorce so.... unfortunately gave in to the stress & gained a lot of my weight back that I had kept off for several years. I plan to start LC again on Sunday & do my weigh in then as well. :rolleyes: I look forward to using the forum once again for some much needed moral support.

Melissa

Jazzylyn
Fri, Dec-24-04, 03:00
Welcome Melissa! It's great to have you here and congrats on your success so far! :wave:
http://www.image-cafe.net/xmas/xsnow-11.gif

eacoy
Fri, Dec-24-04, 07:48
Welcome to the Forum. You've had such success in the past that you probably know more than I could tell you. It will just be a journey of rediscovering what worked well for you and what needs to be changed to work better for you right now.

I wish you the very best of luck with quickly and getting back into your WOL and seeing positive results.

Odd, isn't it, how eating unhealthily can be a kind of "safety valve"? I mean, the stress of divorce was to some degree coped with by previous eating habits.

You've made an excellent decision to put the emphasis on you and your health and making yourself feel better.

melissa07
Sun, Dec-26-04, 13:00
It is very strange how eating unhealthily is a safety valve. Especially when it only serves to make you feel bad about yourself. I am excited to start eating better & I already have a gym membership, so that should help in my motivation. I can't wait to start feeling more healthy! :yay:

eacoy
Sun, Dec-26-04, 13:21
Oh, we've all "coped" with less than perfect coping techniques. You certainly are in good company here for that.

It is nice when you have been taking care of yourself long enough to be seeing some rewards. But you can start feeling good about yourself as soon as you make the decision to take the steps toward your own health. Your gym membership is a very good idea.

Ours (gym membership) always runs out in December. Ugh. Bad month for another expense but DH and I know it is one of our most constructive expenses. We recently renewed and I've plans to get over there today. As a recently reformed couch potato, I never really want to go but I ALWAYS feel better after I have exercised. It just lifts my mood somehow, forget the fitness and calorie burning benefits.

Isn't today the day you are beginning your Atkins plan? Good luck.

Have a losing day,

lambykins
Sun, Dec-26-04, 18:04
Welome Melissa!
Glad you could join us!

melissa07
Sun, Dec-26-04, 19:39
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome & encouragement. Yes, I did start back on LC today, but didn't get to do my weigh-in this morning, since I was still out of town visiting for Christmas. I guess I will find out what the damage is in the morning. I think I am ready for it. :cool:

eacoy
Mon, Dec-27-04, 08:15
You started. The most important step. Now it is just taking the rest, step by step. You know how it is done.

We are here to help you should you hit a hurdle and need ideas to get around it. Just post your progress.

Have a losing day,

melissa07
Mon, Dec-27-04, 19:39
Thanks Betsy. I did well today, even though people at work brought us a big tray of donuts & cookies (which I DID NOT touch). I stayed so busy at work today with disaster recovery of our system that I didn't have time to crave anything (other than the fleeting craving for the tray of goodies). I am also re-starting my journal, I think having accountability is a big help in sticking to the plan.

:daizy:

eacoy
Mon, Dec-27-04, 20:10
A big congratulations to you. A big plate of no-good, stinking carbs and you were all powerful and strong.

(What happened to your system that you needed disaster recovery?)

Keep up the good work,

4beans4me
Tue, Dec-28-04, 11:34
http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage35/18.gif back, and best of luck!

melissa07
Tue, Dec-28-04, 20:16
Well, I'm a mainframe operator at a bank & our processing from Christmas Eve failed to post most peoples deposits among other things....so needless to say there were some upset people come Monday!
I actually had a date tonight & did a great job of picking a LC meal without having to go into the whole LC explanation (it was a first date). I even resisted the wonderful smelling buttered rolls they put on the table with the salad!

Thanks for the welcome 4beans! It is nice to have so much support here!

:D

eacoy
Wed, Dec-29-04, 07:27
Off-Subject of LC WOL.

Ewww...that must have been a big computer problem. Those things happen.

On the subject of technical support, we lay people really appreciate getting help from someone who has the ability to fix stuff. Yesteday I finally go the cable high speed connection to my computer fixed. It had been dropping the connection and not working for intervals as long as an hour. I spend about two weeks occasionally chatting with a tech or calling with long waits and diagnostics. (I used to work in customer service for a computer system so I give really clear information to identify problems.) Finally one guy sent a technician out who focused on what I had been describing all along; he fixed it within a 1/2 hr. The cable had gone bad.

Although I would have liked a speedier response, I was too ignorant to ask for the on-site technician to check the cable, all's well that ends well.

(I know the previous people were just checking my problem off as operator error or related to other equipment that wasn't involved. I just couldn't convince them otherwise.)

I must remember to contact the company and tell they how helpful the on-site guy was by name as he came through in spades.

The worst mistake I've heard of someone making was a very capable person who mistyped the year for January 1st and it didn't generate the proper year end updates. Ah, life and all's its little indignities.

The worst mistake in the working world I have heard was the medical adminstrative clerk who scheduled the operating room and the doctor and staff but forgot to schedule the patient. True story.

Hope your day with lc healthy eating is going along mistake free and you are getting into your rhythm of losing. Nice job ordering in a restaurant and staying lc by choice (no rolls). When you are with someone who already knows about lc and you have more leadway socially (than a first date), then you can sometimes ask the waitress/waiter what they recommend among a couple of menu items for lc. I find many staff have ideas about which dishes have less sugar in the sauce etc. and make excellent suggestions.

You are doing great.

Hope you have a losing day,

MissScruff
Wed, Dec-29-04, 16:35
http://madmonkeygaming.com/uploads/hello-tag01b.gif

melissa07
Wed, Dec-29-04, 20:55
Wow Miss Scuffy....that is some impressive weight loss & quite inspiring :)

MissScruff
Wed, Dec-29-04, 21:46
Thank you! It's been a rollercoaster, but I am so thrilled to have found low carbing because it has really changed my life!

lambykins
Thu, Dec-30-04, 06:27
Have a great day!

angeljandy
Thu, Dec-30-04, 11:19
Hello and Welcome! Good luck with your program!!! :wave: