PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm New Here!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

YarnQueen
Fri, Dec-17-04, 20:55
Hello!

Im Karen, and I just joined the forums now! Im from WA state and I have been doing Atkins since august 2003. I was down to 159 from 225. On October 25th I had a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy, so I have been not so great the last 10 weeks or so. I am back on the bandwagon tomorrow with an official weigh in! Since the doc has given me the green light to start exercising, I will start running again tomorrow as well! :)

Im, 37, a SAHM/WAHM of 2 children and have been married 14 years to the greatest man in the world! :)

Im looking forward to meeting all of you!

LatinGuy
Fri, Dec-17-04, 21:12
Welcome to the forums, Karen!! :wave:

I joined almost three weeks ago and have found that there a lots of friendly and caring folks here. One way that you may facilitate interaction with other members is to create a Journal. You'll soon see several willing to provide support, encouragement and advice.

I wish you all the best in your journey.

Latin Guy

Jazzylyn
Sat, Dec-18-04, 04:06
Welcome to the forums Karen! Like LG said, starting a journal is the best way to get all that support and encouragement you need. I have found that this place has really kept me focused and on the right path. I wish you the best!
http://www.image-cafe.net/xmas/xsnow-5.gif

4beans4me
Sat, Dec-18-04, 09:40
http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage35/18.gif

angie80
Sat, Dec-18-04, 12:35
welcome neighbor!! LOL, if you lost that much weight once than you'll defiantly do it again, you'll get there, youre lucky that youve already become accustomed to this w.o.e. so half your battle is already won! yay for you! hope to see ya around the forums and best of luck to ya

YarnQueen
Sat, Dec-18-04, 12:58
WOW! Thanks so much for the encouragement! I was definately planning on starting a journal sometime today!

I think I have finally found a place to post that has LOTS of encouragement!

ausgirl
Sat, Dec-18-04, 13:59
Welcome, I look forward to seeing you around

Cheers

Ausgirl

angie35016
Sat, Dec-18-04, 14:09
Welcome Karen!!! I am a new member also and have learned so much from so many people and have been given so much encouragement. You definitely came to the right place...Good Luck!!! Sorry about your surgery, but glad you are on the road to recovery.

photoguy
Sat, Dec-18-04, 14:34
Welcome! You've done such a great job so far and know you will reach your goal :)

Best wishes,

David

bob2112
Sun, Dec-19-04, 07:24
Welcome aboard.