PDA

View Full Version : Hi! I'm Bill and new to this Forum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bilyum
Wed, Dec-15-04, 18:13
I am essentially looking for other people who know first hand about the evils of firewater and it's correlation to high triglycerides.

But I am happy to have or receive a post from anyone, about anything really.

Thanks!

Cissie
Wed, Dec-15-04, 18:16
Hi Bill! I'm not familiar with what you are talking about. Sorry! But I would like to welcome you to the gang and assure you that others will come your way with knowledge.

Great to have you with us!

Cissie

4beans4me
Wed, Dec-15-04, 18:23
Welcome to the forums Bill! Best of luck! :wave:

bilyum
Wed, Dec-15-04, 21:27
Hi Bill! I'm not familiar with what you are talking about. Sorry! But I would like to welcome you to the gang and assure you that others will come your way with knowledge.

Great to have you with us!

Cissie

If you are not familiar with the colloquialism 'firewater', i can only assume you do not partake of said to an alarming degree if at all :)

Alcohol is what I mean. And my concern is that I may have no alternative but to 86 it altogether.

my thinking was/is that in moderation along with a proper diet that total abstinence was not necessary.

Um, it's pretty sugary even in it's nastier not so sweet tasting forms. I may be in hot water. I believe I CAN stop. I know I don't want to.

Hence, registering and rooting around this forum.

Thanks so much for the nice welcome. I hope we can yak back and forth again soon. Be Well!

Bill

bilyum
Wed, Dec-15-04, 21:36
Welcome to the forums Bill! Best of luck! :wave: "Why do you ask, 4 beans counting?" only joking, and please don't take that wrong.

My brain just works that way. Anytime anything reminds me of a good shaggy dog story or sounds like a band name, my Dave Barry fetish rears its head.

Thanks so much for the nice welcome and well wishing. I took the liberty to notice you have your time on the Atkins plan as part of a sig, or info that comes with any post from you.

I have a sister and a brother who both did the Atkins thing, fell off and are now back on track again. It seems a lot of folks have a sweet tooth.

Yikes! carbs indeed. I can turn down the French Silk Pie. But an offer of a shot of Jim Beam Black Label and a Corona chaser is another story.

Thanks again, and post to me anytime. What's up and all that. I have a lot to learn, I'm certain ;)

Take care!!!

Bill

begone
Thu, Dec-16-04, 03:55
Bill,

I'm just a real newbie here myself, but I get it about your "firewater." I'm very low carb, except for red wine at night. (Red wine--you know? the new elixir good for hearts & blood sugars?) So, if you can leave off the carby beer & bourbon & take up some dry reds from a cool climate, that might fit into
certain low carb plans. And save the Jim Beam, Maker's Mark, Knob Creek for the infrequent special occasion?

I drink red wine every night while doing low carb, & keep losing weight. Don't know what's up with that, but I like it.

Skoal!

begone

bilyum
Thu, Dec-16-04, 16:43
Bill,

I'm just a real newbie here myself, but I get it about your "firewater." I'm very low carb, except for red wine at night. (Red wine--you know? the new elixir good for hearts & blood sugars?) So, if you can leave off the carby beer & bourbon & take up some dry reds from a cool climate, that might fit into
certain low carb plans. And save the Jim Beam, Maker's Mark, Knob Creek for the infrequent special occasion?

I drink red wine every night while doing low carb, & keep losing weight. Don't know what's up with that, but I like it.

Skoal!

begone
everyone on here is quite nice. i have some posts to answer on another thread, when i get time.

good idea with the red wine. I think I'd like to bag the hard stuff altogether.
which leaves me with the dreaded 'Can I? ' question. the fact is, i don't know
if i can by myself. It is most disturbing.

Twisti
Thu, Dec-16-04, 17:31
Howdy and Welcome!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/twisti/laser3.gif

Maureen721
Sun, Dec-19-04, 14:31
Welcome to the forum. I think you are talking about alcohol? I do have an occasional low carb beer when I go out.
I think I'll try some red wine too.
I did have an absolute and diet pop the other night...but it's a bit strong for me. Would rather have a beer.

Jiggerz
Sun, Dec-19-04, 16:35
Welcome to the forum :)

I only know the evils of it..as the wife of someone who consumes. :( Not quite the info your looking for, but good luck finding the information you are looking for.

Happy Holidays,

Michelle

Harvey
Sun, Dec-19-04, 18:27
Hi Bill....and welcome to the forum.

Why don't you start a journal so we can all communicate with you? :agree:

lizwhip
Sun, Dec-19-04, 18:36
Hi Billyum,

Except for my original two weeks of induction, I continued to drink (LC beer and wine) and still lost weight. Although I don't drink every day, I do when I go out, which is 2 or 3 (okay, sometimes 4) times a week. I suppose I might have lost faster if I'd given it up but that just wasn't realistic for me. Wasn't gonna happen.

Liz

bilyum
Mon, Dec-20-04, 17:09
Hi Bill....and welcome to the forum.

Why don't you start a journal so we can all communicate with you? :agree:

You mean like an on-line journal?