PDA

View Full Version : Do or Di-et.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

writermom
Tue, Dec-14-04, 13:08
Hi, I'm not new to low-carb but have flirted with it - knowing it works but not wanting to admit I have a weight "problem" (no problem, I'm fat!) and that I have to actively involve myself in my eating habits instead of mindlessly grazing through the days, each day convinced that I'll do better "tomorrow."

I once made it exactly two weeks into Atkins induction, lost 14 pounds in that period of time, then caved to pizza and birthday cake at a child's party and fell off the wagon. I'm now easily almost twenty pounds heavier than I was then.

I am facing the reality of having recently topped 200 pounds. I outweigh my sweet husband by a good 30 pounds and I hate my double chin and facial fat.

I think I suffer from high self-esteem in that I always feel slim and "lithe" when clearly, I'm not. Only when I face photographs do I - momentarily before the denial kicks in - face that I really DO look like that and no, the camera didn't add 60 pounds - I did. Over the last 7 years or so.

I don't want to be "skinny" but I do want to be slim. And healthy. :wave:

4beans4me
Tue, Dec-14-04, 13:10
Welcome to the forums and best of luck! :wave:

writermom
Tue, Dec-14-04, 13:29
Thanks for the prompt and friendly welcome!

ssofian
Tue, Dec-14-04, 13:46
I think I suffer from high self-esteem in that I always feel slim and "lithe" when clearly, I'm not. Only when I face photographs do I - momentarily before the denial kicks in - face that I really DO look like that and no, the camera didn't add 60 pounds - I did. Over the last 7 years or so.

I don't want to be "skinny" but I do want to be slim. And healthy. :wave:

This is actually a great attitude to have, I think. Too many of us have horrible self esteem and see ourselves as way Bigger than we are (myself included). I think as you lose the weight you won't have to deal with trying to convince yourself that you are getting thinner, b/c you already think of yourself that way!

Good luck and congrats on the first steps. These forums are incredibly valuable- whether you are looking for recipes, exercise advise, or emotional support- I think you can find all that in this incredible community of smart,caring people!

Twisti
Tue, Dec-14-04, 13:49
Howdy and Welcome!!!! :agree:

writermom
Tue, Dec-14-04, 13:55
Again, thanks! I am just feeling my way around here and trying to get comfy.

It is day one for me and I'm already off the wagon! I'm closer to 25 carbs already and it's only 3 p.m.!

I have simultaneously signed on with fitday.com to try to keep track of what I actually eat and I think I need to cut out the copious amounts of black coffee that are undoubtedly doing me no favors health (and glucose) wise.

marg5
Tue, Dec-14-04, 20:49
Welcome

Your post sounds so much like me, I always think of myself being thinner than I am. Then I see a picture (not many) of me and realize that is me in that picture.

Good luck

Marg

kiwigal
Tue, Dec-14-04, 21:22
http://madmonkeygaming.com/uploads/kiwigal03.jpg