PDA

View Full Version : new hereü

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

thecheesel
Sun, Dec-12-04, 00:59
hey.i've been on induction for 3 days now.trying to lose 5 pounds by friday.i have loads of questions :help: ,hope you experts can help me out get through this 7day trial,hehe :wave:

kiwigal
Sun, Dec-12-04, 01:16
Welcome!!!..Finally..someone who's shorter than me!!! I can 'tower' over you!! :lol: ..Only kidding!..But sweetie..you are very light now..do you really need to lose some more?!..Maybe its just exercise that you should be working on..to tone up areas that you're not happy with?
Of course..if you hated hearing that!..and are determined to lose some more..how about posting a couple of days normal food..and we'll have a look and tell you where you can go from there..but two things to bear in mind:
1.The closer to goal, the slower the weight will come off.
2.The scales don't always tell the full story..you need to measure as well..sometimes inches are lost..but the weight remains the same.
Take care :wave:

thecheesel
Sun, Dec-12-04, 01:40
haha, :)

uhm,last last weekend i weighed 98 pounds.but i kind of binged a lot last week.REALLY REALLY BINGED.so when i checked,i was 4 or 5 pounds heavier!so im planning to do atkins just to shed off the weight i gained.
what do you think?will this work for me? :wave:

kiwigal
Sun, Dec-12-04, 02:00
Stop to-ing and fro-ing between here and the newbies questions!
You are basically asking the same thing and unfortunately for you!! the same person is answering! :D
The weight that you've gained is probably just water and will come off as you eat sensibly.
But I am concerned that you are stressing about a small weight gain, when you are already so light..binging and the talk of laxatives [in your other post] is NOT good.
You WILL damage your body and long term end up with a greater problem than just a few pounds to lose.
Please read through the maintenance chapter in your book, if you have one..this is where you should be at..you have not indicated your age..? you could well still be growing? Please be careful. :wave:

thecheesel
Sun, Dec-12-04, 02:07
i'm 17:)
thanks for the advice.

kiwigal
Sun, Dec-12-04, 02:24
Oh to be 17 again!! :D
Well you ARE still growing and developing..I've just had a little look around and you may want to have a look at this link..it will give you an idea on what folk eat to maintain their weight..have a read.. :)
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=212572