PDA

View Full Version : Overtraining?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lisaf
Wed, Oct-03-01, 05:53
I NEVER, in my entire life, thought I would have to ask this question! How do I know if I'm over doing it? I have a vague suspicion I might be...I feel worse after I exercise than usual and I'm having a hard time making it through the day.

I usually run first thing after waking, or I'll go to the gym at work and do cardio - about 1/2 an hour. I was weight training but I've slacked off a bit in the hopes I'd feel better!

Any thoughts?

Lisa

Natrushka
Wed, Oct-03-01, 06:19
Hi lisa, ChrtnHrpr had a similar question last month. The thread, along with some advise and a link to an article on overtraining can be found here (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19377) (lower down in the exercise forum)

Nat

lisaf
Wed, Oct-03-01, 07:19
That was great information! Of course, now I'm not at all sure if that's the problem, my coffee intake causing a downswing during the late morning, not enough breakfast or not enough sleep.

I'll have to start playing with the variables a bit to see what helps.

Lisa

:wave:

Natrushka
Wed, Oct-03-01, 07:39
Maybe a few days off is a good idea? question, I saw your post about coffee in daily, are you drinking decaf exclusively? There's a thread in this exercise forum about the effects of caffeine on fat loss that might be of interest. It's near the end of the "Am Cardio on Empty Stomach" thread by Fern.

Nat

lisaf
Wed, Oct-03-01, 08:44
No - I usually have a humongous coffee when I come into work...I don't have time before my workout unfortunately. Today I'm trying decaf to see if the caffeinated version was causing an insulin spike and subsequent "down". So far I'm just tired and craving my regular coffee. I suppose it'll take a few days for the effects to be noticeable.

I did take today off, but I'll probably run again tomorrow. I'm going to take a break from weight training until after Thanksgiving this weekend, when my work week returns to normal.

Thanks for asking.

Lisa