PDA

View Full Version : Hot dogs and Bacon

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

punisher
Sat, Dec-11-04, 10:48
I have a pack a hotdogs in the freezer and they have Dextrose in them I was wondering if I can eat these or cannot? I also have bacon too which contains sugar and sodium erthorbate made from sugar but no carbs r listed or sugars on the Nutritional facts label. Iw as wonder can I consume this product as well??

MaryToU
Sat, Dec-11-04, 11:56
Why you should not eat to much processed foods these items are ok to eat once in a while. I never have problems eating regular bacon, and actually eat a good amount of it with no problems. But I can't remember the last time I have a hot dog.

MyJourney
Sat, Dec-11-04, 14:32
I go trough phases where I eat hot dogs daily until I finish a pack of them but its usually once every few months.

I like hot dogs with eggs more than bacon and eggs honestly.

hot dogs have like 1 or 2 carbs per dog. I just plug it into fitday, drink extra water and dont overdo it.

MJ-

punisher
Sat, Dec-11-04, 18:11
Thx all just wanted to be sure about it. I wasn't planning on eating them everyday just wanted to s ee if I could use them to mix it up a bit and and some variety.

4beans4me
Sat, Dec-11-04, 18:29
I look for varieties with 1 or less carbs. :thup:

astrocreep
Sat, Dec-11-04, 21:18
Sure you can eat them. Hot dogs (as well as ketchup) are what helped me get through the first few days of LCing. Although I use LC ketchup now I still have the hot dogs as well as bacon (although I get those that don't have "BROWN SUGAR CURED" written right across the pkg =) LoL

Kagior
Sun, Dec-12-04, 12:14
Watch the carb counts on the various kinds of bacon and hot dogs. NEVER buy anything made by Schneider's! The Schneider's company seems to think we all want as much sugar injected into their products as they can put in without it oozing back out. Bacon = one carb per slice! if it is Schneider's.

astrocreep
Sun, Dec-12-04, 13:56
I get Nathan's or Sabret hot dogs, they have 1g per dog and are a MUCH BETTER choice than louie rich or oscar meyer hot dogs.

I buy standard bacon or reduced sodium. Right now I'm really liking this company called PLUMROSE, it's thick slice bacon and very meaty. I got it at walmart for 2.64$.

If you can afford it Boar's Head bacon is also an excellent choice, but it's also $5 per pound.

joanne42
Tue, Dec-14-04, 08:09
I like to cook up a few hot dogs and dip them in mustard for a snack.. I buy TOP DOGS which are only 1 gram of carbs each.. Yummy..