PDA

View Full Version : Lo-Carbing in Texas.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bajangrl32
Thu, Dec-09-04, 13:25
So although this isnt something totally new for me it is still a challenge to do this right, especially after the holidays. My name is Michelle and I'm a stay at home mom & military wife here in Texas. This past summer I resigned from a hectic stressful sales position and came back home to work as CEO of our household :D .

So after a year of coffee and muffins or nothing I have gained nearly 50 lbs and I hate it. Between the stress and lack of structure my body has suffred the most and my self esteem is right behind it.

My short term goal is to shed the bodyfat and drop 2 pant sizes by my birthday in March through exercise and a modified CKD. I have been on induction for nearly two weeks and have not seen much loss but I think that my fat % may not be high enough.

Anyway I'm looking for great things in the future and great support from this website. I definitely enjoy visitors so please bring all of your experience and insite whenever possible. Ok I also need to set up a journal for my daily check ins and plans.

Jazzylyn
Thu, Dec-09-04, 14:09
Hello and welcome Michelle :wave: It's great to have you here with us! Once you post some menus in your journal we can take a peak and try to help you out. You might also try fitday.com because there you can keep track of all your percentages of fat, protein etc!

Jazz

http://www.image-cafe.net/xmas/xsnow-11.gif

zedneser
Thu, Dec-09-04, 17:22
http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/data/500/62812welcome.gif

marg5
Thu, Dec-09-04, 23:10
Welcome and good luck

Marg

bajangrl32
Fri, Dec-10-04, 09:02
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

My cruise date is in June and I cant wait to get away. Where are you cruising to?

Ok so my journal is ready for visitors to provide any great tips or advice. Please feel free to drop in and cheer me on or console me on this battle of the bulge :D .

:wave: Off to make some coffee and eat breakfast.

MissScruff
Fri, Dec-10-04, 09:27
http://madmonkeygaming.com/uploads/hello-tag01b.gif

4beans4me
Fri, Dec-10-04, 09:42
Hello and welcome to the forums! Best of luck! :wave:

marg5
Fri, Dec-10-04, 09:57
Good morning and a beautiful one it is here in LA, no rain for a change.

We will cruise out of New Orleans to Jamacia, Grand Cayman & Cozumel.
Last Feb we went out of Galvestion to Progressio, Belize & Cozumel. We are meeting good friends as we did last cruise. We hope to go to Alaska on the next cruise and I want to do Panama Canal and Virgin Islands.

Where are you going and what line, so far we have just gone on Carnival.

Have a blessed day
Marg

bajangrl32
Fri, Dec-10-04, 11:45
Royal Carribbean is the one. Love it. On our honeymoon years ago we did Norwegian which is also great. I'm not quite fond of Carnival anymore. This past summer I took my husband and daughter for his birthday on Royal Carribbean. We had a suite with a balcony and it was true heaven. We went to Haiti, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Playa del Carmen and then Cozumel. Next year we have a friend's wedding to attend so it will be Royal Caribe again. If they decide not to do the wedding then my mom and I will try the Princess line instead for a 10day cruise. My aunt did Alaska this sept and truly enjoyed the trip.

I absolutely fell in love with Grand Cayman and plan to go back there again.

Enjoy your lovely weather Marg. San Antonio is beautiful but cool today also.