PDA

View Full Version : New to this message board

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Joe280
Tue, Oct-02-01, 18:17
Hi . I'm new to this board but not to low carb diet (atkins) In 1/2000 I started at about 300 lbs and lost 80 lbs very fast ( about 6 months) down to 220 but slowly gained 25 lbs back and am now back in induction stage of atkins diet ... hopefuly I can hit my goal of 190-200 . I think I will try to slow down this time.. when I was eating low carb I never felt better .I don't know what happend but I slowly sliped off the diet and into old bad habits of eating junk because it was conveinant. Well enough from me I will be back I hope every day. see ya

Holly
Tue, Oct-02-01, 18:24
Welcome Joe:

I am also a backslider rising from the depths. This is a good place to get support and amazing recipes. :there: they even have little smilies that support each other.

Holly

lesleyc
Tue, Oct-02-01, 18:26
Hi Joe

Congrats on your first time success, and good on you for climbing back on the horse

Look forward to reading your posts

lesley :wave:

Karen
Tue, Oct-02-01, 18:28
Welcome to lowcarb.ca Joe!

I worry when people are in a big rush to lose weight really quickly. It seems to inevitably lead to weight regain because they have only looked upon it as a diet and not a way of life. They also haven't given themselves enough time to develop good low carb eating habits and find themselves slipping back into their old ways.

So, congratulations that you are going to take it slow this time. I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Karen

Joe280
Tue, Oct-02-01, 18:44
that was the only thing I found strange about the diet I was not trying to lose that fast it just happend some days i would have to make myself eat I was not hungry at all .
For years before the diet I would eat rolaids and tums like crazy ( a big bottle per week)I never could figure out what caused the heart burn' but three days after I started I did not have to touch another rolaid for about a year until now
:wave:

debbiedobson
Wed, Oct-03-01, 11:18
welcome aboard joe!:wave: the key to lowcarbing is really planning ahead. always have something convenient that you can just grab when you're in a rush. hardboiled eggs, cheese strings, deli meats w/out sugar or starch. this makes lowcarbing so much easier!