PDA

View Full Version : My menu for yesterday and today...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

twins3904
Wed, Dec-08-04, 19:42
Hey I was wondering if you more experienced LCers could look at what I have eatin yesterday and today and tell me what I could change. I am on induction. I am also wondering if I should be watching calories :help:

Yesterday:
Beverages throughout: Diet/Caffeine free Sprite, Crystal Lite Pink lemonade(no carbs) and water.
Breakfast: 2 1/2 eggs and 3 slices of bacon
Snack: beef jerky
Lunch/Dinner: 2 thin pork chops and 2 eye steaks with just pepper and lawry's
Snack: low carb(was okd for induction) piece of white chocolate cheesecake

Today:
Beverages throughout: Diet/Caffeine free Sprite, Crystal Lite Pink lemonade(no carbs) and water.
Breakfast: 2 thin pork chops with pepper and lawry's and a string cheese
Lunch:Low carb(induction recipe) meatballs with cheddar cheese in them.
Dinner: 10 shrimp with lawry's on them
Dessert: Piece of my low carb cheese cake.

Thanks in advance! :help:

nowonder
Wed, Dec-08-04, 20:25
I wouldn't worry about calories at this point... If your weight loss slows or stops after induction, you might have to think about them. Note, there is the infamous third week plato that most of us hit... but I wouldn't count calories over that.

On to the menu... my first concern is the cheesecake. Who told you it was low carb? I'm not saying it's not, I'm just saying that I wouldn't trust some companies (including Atkins marketing corp). If it came from an induction friendly recipe on this site, then I wouldn't worry too much as long as your serving size is reasonable.

The bigger problem... WHERE ARE THE VEGGIES???? How about a salad or some broccoli? If you are spending all of your carbs on cheesecake and skipping the salad, you are going to have troubles down the road.

Best of luck

--nw

lianna
Wed, Dec-08-04, 21:46
I am nine days into induction and have lost 5.5 lbs. You need veggies. I eat spinach and grilled chicken salads (with cucumber,celery,cheese,bacon bits,ranch dressing) for lunch, and sometimes supper also. A steak/breast/chop for supper, but with broccoli or asparagus and salad. Have you read up on this? Your 20g of carbs should come from healthy low carb veggies. And drink ungodly amounts of water. Look at the recipe section for induction and keep at the effort! It does work!

Whammy
Wed, Dec-08-04, 22:45
Hello twins,

I can totally relate . . . Induction can seem overwhelming because those of us who have done a lot of diets just aren't used to being able to eat much at all.

Your food choices are a bit restrictive of fats. You seem to be getting a lot of protein (GOOD FOR YOU!), but you don't seem to be taking advantage of the good fats that are going to fill you and, thereby, help you to lose weight. I am referring to olive oil, full-fat mayonaisse, butter . . . all the things that make us feel full.

Truly, a lot of us relate to your sensation of "newness", so feel free to ask questions. That said, try to go back and read the book and apply it to your situation. You will find a lot of support here.

PLEASE, though, think about signing on to fitday.com. You will find this to be an invaluable asset as you go about designing your own unique program.

Good luck

ZoesMom
Wed, Dec-08-04, 22:54
PLEASE, though, think about signing on to fitday.com. You will find this to be an invaluable asset as you go about designing your own unique program.

...Just thought that was worth repeating. I'm pretty new, also...and FULL of questions...and FitDay has helped me tremendously. I think that a lot of us newbies are afraid to go into the "carb zone" at all...so we stick to just meat, cheese, and eggs to be super safe. I learned from these great people here that this diet doesn't have to be that limited at ALL. People that disagree with this WOL like to use that in their defense...that all we eat are those three things. Prove 'em wrong!....eat some veggies, try some variety...and you'll still lose the weight. Good luck!

mammac-5
Thu, Dec-09-04, 06:04
Where are your veggies, girl?

You need 'em -- for fiber (VERY important, especially during Induction!), for vitamins & minerals and to help you feel full.

Are you taking supplements of any kind?

Good job with your fats & proteins! Keep it up!

twins3904
Thu, Dec-09-04, 09:53
Thanks guys! I am going to work on the water and veggies. I dont eat salad so I get kinda discouraged by that whole deal. The cheesecake was on the induction recipes so that's the only reason I even went there! :)

Thanks again!