PDA

View Full Version : Exercise question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Candi
Tue, Oct-02-01, 17:16
Ok.. here's the deal. Last week I started a new job at a local bank. I only work 3 days a week though tues, thrus, sat. The bank is close enough to walk. At a very brisk pace it takes me right at 10 mins. I have been coming home at lunch also. So on those days that is 40 minutes of a fast walk.. What I'm curious about is do I also still need to do my 25-30 of stright threw high heart rate exercise or does that count even though its broken up into 4 10 mins segments. The first day or so last week I got up early and did the 30 mins of video arobics.. the last few days.. I have just not been up to adding that extra in. But if those 4 10 min segments don't do much then I will still contine with the extra

joanne42
Tue, Oct-02-01, 17:28
Yes Candi that most definitely counts.. A lot of people break there exercise routine up into 3 10 minute intervals..

missydog
Tue, Oct-02-01, 17:47
While your 40 minutes of exercise broken up into 10 minute segments is definitely worthwhile, it's not the same as one workout of a solid 40 minutes. This has been documented. You're still getting good exercise doing what you're doing, but it's not the same. Might as well make that clear. Personally, I just do whatever I can do on any given day. Sometimes it's more, sometimes it's less, but it's something I can live with. Cheers!