PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fukufuku
Mon, Dec-06-04, 23:05
Hi, all

Today I found this 'Low-Carber Forums'.

My family is suffering from Fibromyalgia.
Some article in this forum seemed to be commenting
on Fibromyalgia and lithium.

I do want to know more about 'Low-Carber Forums'
and relationship between fibro and lithium.

fukufuku

nikkil
Tue, Dec-07-04, 00:42
Interesting "name" you've got there...

kiwigal
Tue, Dec-07-04, 01:36
Yeah..good searching!

Actually you could check out this:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/archive/topic/211790-1.html

or have a look in the Health and Technical forum

quietone
Tue, Dec-07-04, 08:40
Welcome!

I don't know about fibro and lithium, but I did post some information about SAD and natural lithium.

I ran out of it and haven't had it since so I still don't know if it helps or not. (It's not cheap and I had a change of jobs.) When I started taking it, I wasn't really flaring or suffering with SAD to any great extent, but I thought it was helping my general mood swings.

I find that my fibro and my SAD seem to run hand-in-hand so I am hoping to find that if I can fix one; I can fix the other.

We have been posting regarding the use of Vit D though and it does seem to help some with the low energy level.

doreen T
Tue, Dec-07-04, 10:45
Hi, all

Today I found this 'Low-Carber Forums'.

My family is suffering from Fibromyalgia.
Some article in this forum seemed to be commenting
on Fibromyalgia and lithium.

I do want to know more about 'Low-Carber Forums'
and relationship between fibro and lithium.

fukufuku
hello Fukufuku (that's a Japanese name, right? :))

Lithium is not a treatment for fibromyalgia; it's a mineral that may be used to help balance out moods in someone with bipolar disorder. It can have significant side effects, so requires close supervision by a health care professional.

Active Low Carber is a volunteer-run support forum for persons interested in following a low carbohydrate program for health and weight loss. Some health conditions, including Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue and SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) are known to benefit from following a low carbohydrate diet .. or at the very least by eliminating all sugar and refined starches. :) Although some members may share their experiences with non-diet related therapies for these conditions, it's not really our focus here .. nor can we provide treatment advice.

:rose:

Doreen

quietone
Tue, Dec-07-04, 11:00
My fibro is definitely aided by my eating low carb, but unfortunately it doesn't help my SAD.

This sub-forum combines the three (SAD, fibro, CFS).

MoseyMan
Wed, Apr-06-05, 11:50
Lithium is found in REAL celtic sea salt and alot of sea foods and veggies.
Mental disorders have sky rocketed since they started feeding us this crap they call "SALT".
We need the trace minerals in real salt!