PDA

View Full Version : late night

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Trailblaze
Tue, Dec-07-04, 02:12
What should I do about late night eating urges? Is it ok as long as it is low carb.?

MyJourney
Tue, Dec-07-04, 02:38
I found that once my body got used to eating at certain times regularly that I lost my late night hunger cravings. I personally try not to eat late at night, since thats the time when I tend to not care and binge most often, but you may be different. Try and listen to your bodys signals. Are your eyes hungry, or your body? Are you eating out of boredom or for the sake of snacking?

Also, I would reccomend portion control. Often at night I found myself reaching for something like pepperoni, and instead of watching how much I ate, I just said, well its low carb, even though I would have been satisfied at a fraction of what I ate. Try taking just 6 or 12 nuts and see if it satisfies your hunger. You may be surprised that less food may staisfy your hunger, but often just take more food out of bad habits and tend to eat until you finish whatever amount you took, even though you arent hungry anymore.

jadefox26
Tue, Dec-07-04, 02:43
well, some folk say that you shouldn't eat after 8pm but you have to see what works for you...I think as long as it is legal foods it should be ok :)

cs_carver
Tue, Dec-07-04, 11:42
What's going on with the late-night eating, is the bigger question. Is dinner going too long? CAD suggests making sure your last meal ends within 60 minutes, clock starts at the first bite, which includes snacks on the way home and cooking taste-testing. Might give it a try.

Calories matter in the long run, and it's up to you how you manage your total daily intake.