PDA

View Full Version : Hello! 3 years low-carb, going cruising...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

9ah
Tue, Nov-30-04, 22:38
I have been a dedicated low-carber 3 years now. My husband is very supportive and involved. We love the lifestyle! Rich, gourmet foods (we cook), flavorful variety, fantastic health benefits. We didn't expect such dramatic results but I lost over 30 pounds without working (exercising) at it, mostly in the first year. Plus, my chronic health issues have been banished!

We are ardent enthusiasts and love to try new recipes. I have just begun compiling our favorites into a recipe software program to take with us on our travels. We are preparing for long-term cruising by sailboat! It will be fun, interesting and challenging to cook and eat low-carb as we travel to other countries. Our first destination will be British Columbia in Spring of 2005. We hope to meet other low-carbers along the way. Meeting Karen Barnaby, the chef at The Fish House in Vancouver, would be great fun. We have enjoyed lots of her recipes from her website at lowcarb.ca.

Our access to the internet may be somewhat limited as we travel, but I'll be checking in when possible to share with you great folks here!

My best to you all.

black57
Tue, Nov-30-04, 22:46
Welcome aboard!

Kate Jones
Tue, Nov-30-04, 22:47
Welcome to our community!

Ultas
Wed, Dec-01-04, 00:11
Congratulations on the 30 pounds that you have already lost. It looks like you are prepared for the challenge of eating low carb while in other countries and on an extended trip. Just access this forum any time you need a little encouragement or support. We're all here for you no matter what country you find yourself in. Happy sailing!

kiwigal
Wed, Dec-01-04, 01:53
Exciting times ahead for you then!!
Welcome to the forum..hey..open a journal so that you can keep a track of your foray into new tastes..and we can leave you messages! :wave:

Karen
Wed, Dec-01-04, 02:26
Meeting Karen Barnaby, the chef at The Fish House in Vancouver, would be great fun. We have enjoyed lots of her recipes from her website at lowcarb.ca. Then you may want to buy my cookbook for your voyage. It's almost as good as meeting me in person. :)

Karen

Jazzylyn
Wed, Dec-01-04, 03:08
Hello and welcome! Congrats on your success so far! :wave:

4beans4me
Wed, Dec-01-04, 11:28
Welcome and best of luck! :wave: