PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mbarmitage
Mon, Nov-29-04, 18:34
I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Marlene, and I've been on Atkins for almost a month now. So far I have lost 19 pounds and have another 50 to go. I was a former sommersizer but went back to University and gained back all I had lost. Thought I would try Atkins to see if I could get myself back on the straight and narrow. It is amazing how much more energy I have when I eat the LC way! I can't figure out why I let myself go off and become so lethargic. Anyway, I am glad to find a support site and hope you guys can help me though and then guide me to stay on track.

bs_love
Mon, Nov-29-04, 18:50
Welcome! :wave:

You're truely blessed, 19lbs, WOW!

I'm pretty new to the forum but I really like it :D These are great people and very encouraging, I'll be headed to the kitchen in a minute to find a recipe for dinner tonight! :yum:

Happy LC'ing! I signed up at Fitday and I love it. I also started a journal and receive many visits there by friendly LC'ers.

lianna
Mon, Nov-29-04, 18:51
I am also very new here, but everyone seems very friendly and supportive. I noticed that we have the same goal weight, I just have more to lose than you. Good luck and post your progress, and I also notice that I feel much better when I go lc.

Cissie
Mon, Nov-29-04, 18:52
Congrats on the loss! Know what you mean by the energy. To me that's almost better than the weight loss! lol, almost!!!

Cissie

4beans4me
Mon, Nov-29-04, 18:53
Welcome to the forums! :wave:

kiwigal
Mon, Nov-29-04, 18:57
Welcome aboard!

Jazzylyn
Tue, Nov-30-04, 04:57
Hello and welcome to the forums! It's good to have you here! :wave:

weigh down
Tue, Nov-30-04, 12:24
Hi, this is weigh down which is exactly where Im headed someone mentioned about being in control with Atkins it is not just a possibility it becomes reality when you have been accustomed to eating high carb you are not in control I tell anyone if you can make it past the first three days on 20 grams you've got it made in the shade.I was a binge eater chocolate chip cookies being the binge of choice and I could eat a whole bag without thinking about it and the cycle would continue the more I ate the more depressed I became the more depressed the bigger the binges until one day I said this is enough I started Atkins and the first three days were rough but after that I got on a high that binges never gave me that high was self control and super energy I would not quit this plan and will maintenance on it for the rest of my life are there any bingers out there? there is hope I wish that every body that has the problem I have could break lose and you can low carbing has given me a new lease on life.sign me weigh down

Lunasphere
Tue, Nov-30-04, 12:38
Welcome to the forum!! ;)

angeljandy
Tue, Nov-30-04, 18:31
Welcome and good luck with your program! Here's wishing you much success!

mbarmitage
Tue, Nov-30-04, 21:50
Lianna, hopefully we can meet our goal weight together! When did you start low carbing?

nikkil
Wed, Dec-01-04, 08:15
http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/data/500/18642winter.jpg

bob2112
Wed, Dec-01-04, 09:00
Welcome aboard and congratulations on your progress. Best wishes moving forward.