PDA

View Full Version : Starting over....again.....again....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nancyn28
Sat, Nov-27-04, 14:11
Okay, a few months ago I posted that I was starting over again, that was 20 pounds ago. I need some serious motivation, please. I had lost nearly 50 pounds and now I've gained 20 of it back, I am so disappointed but I deserve it, eating everything in sight for the last six months. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated...menu ideas too... Thanks :help:

Jazzylyn
Sat, Nov-27-04, 14:49
Hi Nancyn!

Welcome back to LC'ing! Don't get discouraged. Just pick a plan and stick with it no matter what. Those 20 lbs will come right back off! You were able to do this once, so I know you can do it again, only stay with this WOL. We can't go back to eating the "old" way no matter what.

Also, consider starting a journal. That will help with the motivation and support thing. We can come visit and check on you often. It really helps me stick with the plan when I know others are watching. It comes down to accountability. Hang in there, you CAN do it! :wave:

Jazz :)

4beans4me
Sat, Nov-27-04, 17:25
Welcome back! You CAN do it! :yay:

Dodger
Sat, Nov-27-04, 19:00
Nancyn,

What caused you to go off low-carb the last time?

LordWill21
Sat, Nov-27-04, 19:52
hey, dont worry we all have faith in you... u can win this battle:)

LatinGuy
Sat, Nov-27-04, 23:45
Hi Nancyn,

I fully understand you because I am in a similar situation. Let's be strong and hopefullly in a few weeks you can share with the forum your success. I'll try to do the same!

LG

hapee2lose
Sat, Nov-27-04, 23:50
You have to look at the fact that you are still 30lbs less than you were when u started, just pick yourself back up and keep going, dont think about how bad you feel you've done, only concentrate on the positive and that's 30 lbs. You'll be down even more soon.

kiwigal
Sat, Nov-27-04, 23:57
O.K...so the good news is that you've lost 30 pounds still right?!
You have to decide whether you want this style of eating to be a quick fix to lose the weight..or whether you want it to become a way of life and eating .
A quick fix will create the 'yo-yo' effect.. but the other option will lead to weight loss and a healthier, happier you! :D
You may want to check out this link:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/menus/pastcj1.shtml
It gives a good list of menus and recipes that might be helpful.
I think that when your mind is ready to make this committment, then everything else will fall into place..thats what i found anyway!
Good Luck :wave:

bob2112
Sun, Nov-28-04, 09:29
Welcome back. Think positive and YOU CAN DO IT.

sporty
Sun, Nov-28-04, 10:10
hey, dont get discouraged!! I lost 130 lbs and due to many factors have regained about 55lbs, But I'm ready and fully committed to lose again or else in 6 months from now i'll be even heavier. You can do it, just one day at a time,sporty

nikkil
Mon, Nov-29-04, 08:43
http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/data/500/18642winter.jpg

keep coming back here every day

start a journal

read some success stories and look at some success pictures in the gallery

make friends here, a connection with a handful of people that will be on your TEAM

remind yourself of the positive - yes, you regained 20 lbs but you're still 30lbs less than you were before, 30lbs closer to your goal weight.

Nicole

nancyn28
Tue, Nov-30-04, 07:13
I'd like to thank everyone for the words of encouragement, I really appreciate it. Some of the responses got me thinking about what happened. I guess the reason I fell off the wagon last time was that I was on induction for over a year...boring....and then, of course, life gets in the way, work, motherhood, tiredness, unsupportive husband, not to mention the loose skin that just hangs because it will never go away without surgery that I cannot afford.

However, I also have to remember that this is not only for weight loss, but for my health. I have hyperlipidemia type IV (carbohydrate induced high lipids) so this is necessary for me. Also, my baby will start Kindergarted next year and I don't want her to be embarrassed by me. Thank ya'll so much.....Thanks. :)

VMTompkins
Tue, Nov-30-04, 09:21
I can sure relate to your story! I have lost weight several times on Atkins over the years only to gain it back when I returned to my old eating habits.
Once I kept off 80 pounds for 8 years but then slowly put it back on after my son was born. Know you are not alone! I am also going to check into starting an online journal in addition to using Weight Commander on my computer and
having a food journal which keeps me honest :agree:

VMTompkins
Tue, Nov-30-04, 09:25
oh and anyone know how to change these tickers when you lose?
I dropped a pound last night!

Magicbyrd
Tue, Nov-30-04, 09:28
I've been up and down lately (last several months) but I must say I can't blame the boredom of the food. When I hear (read) people saying that I thinnk they are not really doing low carb...just on this forum alone there are 100's of wonderful receipes that are anything but boring. There are lots of great low carb cookbooks out there as well. Atkins has one that shows the receipes by level: induction, maintainance...etc. There is no reason...even on induction in my opinion to get bored eating this way. I also echo the others who say look at it this way...you are 30 pounds lighter than before and just start today as if it is brand new way of eating for you...and then don't look back!!! :thup:

angeljandy
Tue, Nov-30-04, 18:36
Welcome and good luck with your program! Here's wishing you much success!