PDA

View Full Version : introduction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jesdorka
Mon, Oct-01-01, 14:19
hi there, from the Yukon in beautiful northern Canada.
after being on every diet known since my 20's by nov 96 i had reached 280 lbs, was on 2 blood pressure meds, had several surgerys on my leg for stasis ulcer,on pain meds for the leg and arthritis,couldn't walk for more than 10 mins at a time and had to use a cane. the dr. ordered me on a low fat-high carb diet and exercise. over a 3yr period i did lose 50lbs but it was a struggle every day to stay on the plan and conquer the cravings which i had all the time. in oct 99 i saw on program on low carbing on tv and at first i thought it was bunk but then i started reading all the books and in jan 2000 started calp (carbohydrate addicts lifespan program)that's when i realized i was a carb addict--big time.(dr. not happy with my woe). in the last 20 months i have lost another 40 lbs, no struggle, cravings gone, active now with walking swimming, aerobics and stationary biking (when its too cold to go outside). no longer on bp meds or painkillers. blood tests show colesterol good however thyroid problems showed up, on meds for that. feel great and have more energy than i've had in many yrs. according to my bmi i have about another 35 lbs to lose.i love this discussion board, it is so informative and supportive and that's why after lurking for months i decided to register. i look forward to being a part of this board. LC is not a diet but a WOL for me!

tamarian
Mon, Oct-01-01, 14:35
Originally posted by jesdorka
i love this discussion board, it is so informative and supportive and that's why after lurking for months i decided to register.

I just knew it!! Always felt there are a few Yukon members in here without us knowing about it! :)

Welcome aboard Jes! You've lost a lot of weight, and the rest should be easy with all the experience you gained.

Wa'il

debbiedobson
Mon, Oct-01-01, 15:03
welcome aboard jes!:wave: congratulations on your weight loss and your improved health! that's wonderful! hope to hear more from you!

Atriana
Tue, Oct-02-01, 05:45
Welcome! You have done really well with your weight loss - congratulations. This board is great, I know you will find it supportive.