PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some reassurance!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Simonekate
Wed, Nov-24-04, 07:49
I've now been on the atkins just over 2wks and have completed induction.
I am still aiming to keep to approx 20g carbs a day.
I just wanted to run by u folks what i have eaten today and see if i'm still doing it right and my meals have been more varied of late.

For Brekkie: lettuce/cucumber/spring onion/red pepper (all small amounts)
with egg mayonaise and a little grated cheese.
Dinner: Chicken Breast smothered in cheese sauce
Jelly
half a handful of peanuts.
Tea: A lamb grill with a fried egg.
one chunk of LC chocolate bar
Supper: some more peanuts.

Through out the day i continue to drink water, probably around the 4litre mark.

I have registered with fit-day but struggle to find many of the 'english' foods we have here on there and with my time being limited i am finding it impossible to input everything myself, hence why i chose this option of askin the forum :)

Ty xxx

nikkil
Wed, Nov-24-04, 08:03
I think you need more veggies :)

You can add a Custom Food if you've got the nutritional information for products. I do that with any LC products that I buy because they're not listed on FitDay (maybe some day).

Congrats on making it thru the 2 weeks! Great losses, too, BTW!!!

Nicole

jamian
Wed, Nov-24-04, 11:54
I agree about the vegies. Maybe stick to just one serving of nuts too, they can stall some people. Maybe try to get by without them completely if you are stalled.

Overall you are doing a great job, no major problems. Everyone just needs to find a balance that works for them. Dairy stalls some people, nuts stall some people, for some people those items help weight loss. But you certainly can't go wrong adding more leafy greens and other LC vegies. Good for fiber too which is *very* important, esp in the early phases. Try a little ground flax if you want more fiber.