PDA

View Full Version : Second Time Induction

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Katyspice
Wed, Nov-24-04, 07:30
Hi All :wave:

Short story: I started Atkins last September and promptly dropped a large amount of weight and then it levelled off. I got bored and stupid and tried to fix everything with Hypnosis, etc. The hynosis really helped with sleep issues and self esteem stuff, but little else..

Well, I have swallowed my pride (how many carbs to you think Pride has?) and would like to come back and complete this journey properly. :thup:

Anyone else out there on their second or third or fourth attempt with words of wisdom?

I am finding it hard to start Induction

Thanks!!

Nancy101
Wed, Nov-24-04, 08:31
"Well, I have swallowed my pride (how many carbs to you think Pride has?) and would like to come back and complete this journey properly. "

I'm with ya Katy - Did you wash that pride down with a huge glass of water? I think that decreases the carb count on pride!

I'm definitely siked!

bob2112
Wed, Nov-24-04, 09:40
Welcome back and good luck on your journey. You Can Do It!!

bev64
Wed, Nov-24-04, 11:56
Well done on getting back on that darn horse - keep up the good work :thup:

4beans4me
Wed, Nov-24-04, 12:04
Welcome back and best of luck! :wave:

kiwigal
Thu, Nov-25-04, 05:21
Good Luck...you CAN do this!!

Jazzylyn
Thu, Nov-25-04, 06:18
Welcome to the forums! It's great to have you here! :wave:

Katyspice
Thu, Nov-25-04, 08:27
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for the encouragement! I Love this place! :lol:

nikkil
Thu, Nov-25-04, 08:36
I've gone on and off so many times and it gets harder and harder to get back on :o I've been back on for almost 3 weeks now without a single cheat :thup: What works is to decide that your very next meal is going to be Induction friendly. Don't think about the one after that, the next day/week/month - focus on that next meal. Then the next one, and the next. Then you've started - wouldn't want to fall back now would you?? Start the next morning with an Induction meal and you're off!!!

Make sure you go and get a bunch of your favourite Induction foods, get some prewashed and bag salads, dressings, cheese, eggs, etc. Make sure you have plenty on hand and prepare ahead if you can. Make it as easy as possible on yourself. Boil some eggs, cook some meat ahead. If you're making 1 meal you may as well make 2-3 and put them in containers in the fridge for later or the next day so you don't have to think - just DO!

Keep coming back here and reading and posting - get a journal going if you don't have one.

hth,

Nicole

ChikaBsAs
Thu, Nov-25-04, 10:22
WELCOME!!!!

Dee