PDA

View Full Version : Courgettes, etc.....

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Wendy
Mon, Oct-01-01, 10:47
Hi, I'm just starting the Dr Atkins diet today, and need some help please. Can anyone tell me the carbohydrate count for courgettes and aubergines please. I can't find them anywhere :( Thank you in advance. Wendy :spin:

doreen T
Mon, Oct-01-01, 10:52
Courgettes are also called zucchinis, and sometimes also summer squash. Aubergines are also known as eggplants.

If you click on Low Carb Tools, from the menu bar at the top of the page, you'll find a very useful Carb (and other nutrients too) counter, with over 6,000 foods in the database.

Have a look around the whole site, there's lots of info. here. By the way, why not pop into our Introductions forum and say hello .. ;) ... You'll get to meet some other members and newcomers like yourself.

All the best to you on your lowcarb journey :)

Doreen

r.mines
Mon, Oct-01-01, 10:55
Try 'zucchini' and 'eggplant' - the North American names - respectively. Courgette (zucchini), sliced raw, has 1.9 carbs per half cup, including .8 grams fibre (indigestible carbs). Aubergine (eggplant), cubed raw, has 2.5 carbs per half cup, including 1 gm. fibre. Both are fine to eat on Atkins. Hope this helps!

Rachel

Wendy
Mon, Oct-01-01, 10:55
Thank you very much for your quick response, I have found them in my book now.

Wendy :o