PDA

View Full Version : Is this okay for intake?(fats, cals, carbs)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

AlaskaIce
Mon, Nov-22-04, 23:17
i started my fit day today... here were todays stats
cal 717
fat 38
carb 8
prot 83

This doesn't seem to be alot but i wasn't that hungry today.. is this somewhat what it is suppose to be?

astrocreep
Tue, Nov-23-04, 00:10
No not really. You're eating too little fat, not enough carbs, not enough calories, but protein is fine. You'll find you wont loose weight with those numbers...

AlaskaIce
Tue, Nov-23-04, 00:20
What would you suggest?

lilli
Tue, Nov-23-04, 00:46
If you eat so little calories for more than 3 or 4 days, you will probably slow your metabolism down alot (what's popularly reffered to as "starvation mode.") So don't go more than a couple days of super low calories at a time without a day within your normal caloric range. You will lose weight eating so little, but will mess up your metabolism. Then again, don't eat when your not hungry. Maybe add a little fat to your meal(s) in order to up the cals. a couple hundred if you don't feel so hungry. Flax oil is a great source of fat.

astrocreep
Tue, Nov-23-04, 17:26
I suggest eating breakfast, lunch, dinner and a snack or two. Check out my journal I always post my daily menus =)