PDA

View Full Version : Gyros

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jiggerz
Mon, Nov-22-04, 17:33
I've got a mad craving for a gyros, and we happen to have a great 'drive-thru' greek restaurant in town.

What are your thoughts (carb count if I'm lucky) on a gyros..minus the pita (but possibly replacing with a low-carb tortilla), with the lamb, tomato slice, feta cheese (possibly) and the cucumber sauce?

I'm past my 2 weeks Induction, but still maintaining my 20 carb g's a day.

astrocreep
Mon, Nov-22-04, 18:08
Oh Jiggerz DEF have your gyro and eat it too!! I absolutely LOVE gyros. I find wrapping it all in a big lettuce leaf is perfect but I've also done it with a LC tortilla. I'd say go with the lettuce leaf though, that way you can eat like 2-3 of them, lmao. And hey! Don't forget the taziki sauce!! I use sour cream in place of yogurt in mine. And hey Jiggerz if you look in the main dish (I believe) recipe section you'll see a post called GYROS/DONAIR, and I wrote my recipe in it. ENJOY YOUR GYROS!!!

astrocreep
Mon, Nov-22-04, 18:09
Oh yeah and the carb count depends on you and what and how much you use exactly. Just play around with it and count it up in fitday.

Jiggerz
Tue, Nov-23-04, 17:30
. I'd say go with the lettuce leaf though, that way you can eat like 2-3 of them, lmao.

LOL...great idea! And I know I could pack away 2 or 3 easy.

astrocreep
Tue, Nov-23-04, 21:54
Oh god I know, LoL. My man would hand me the gyro from the takeout place, look away for about 60 secs, then come back and I'd be done with my gyro, LoL.

I usually make mine with ground beef BTW. It's a real hassle to roast lamb to perfection so it's only done about 1x per year (usually as an accompanyment to a smaller christmas turkey). I stake my claims on a good chunk of the leftovers for my gyros, LoL.