PDA

View Full Version : After Induction? Advice Plz!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Simonekate
Sun, Nov-21-04, 11:47
I am nearing the end of my 2 wks induction, where my weight loss has been very favourable :)
Since being on the Atkins my appetite has decreased rapidly, and i can't imagine eating anymore and i am happy with the amount of carbs i am eating, do i HAVE to increase?
Also my ketosis stick are showing up very dark now, the 2nd from last on the scale, is this good or a bit extreme?
Thank you to all
x

jamian
Sun, Nov-21-04, 11:56
Congratulations on your sucess! It is perfectly healthy to stay on induction and deep ketosis for up to six months, and probably longer, but most people get bored after that long. If you are comfortable then by all means, stay at induction levels and just enjoy the fact that you can have some nuts or an extra serving of vegies or even fruit or whole grains now if and when you choose. It is very wise to add these items very slowly to identify trigger foods to avoid, so staying on induction and only having these items occasionally is actually a great strategy.

Just remember that even though you are going to stay on induction your weightloss will probably slow down significantly, even stop for a couple weeks before it picks back up to a moderate steady loss. Don't get discouraged if this happens, it is just your body adjusting to the rapid initial loss.

Oh and don't wory about what color the sticks are. They are very unreliable to begin with and high levels of ketones are not dangerous in a healthy person anyway.

Congrats, and good luck!