PDA

View Full Version : Why has the weight loss slowed down ?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Julia22
Sun, Nov-21-04, 00:54
Hello everyone...

Ive started the Atkins diet pretty much exactly a month ago.. Well I started off at 220. Now I am 203. Actually the other day when I woke up it said 199. But that was only for a few hours lol. Anyway... Ive been sticking to under 20 carbs aday. Well for the last 2 weeks Ive been trying to loose five more pounds to reach my first goal. Though I keep maintaining at 203. I want to be 140. How do I continue to loose the weight? And why isnt it coming off if I am doing the same exact thing?

kiwigal
Sun, Nov-21-04, 01:17
Welcome to the forum!
17 pounds is pretty good in 4 weeks!! you have to be patient with your body as it accepts this new way of eating!! Also its a good idea to use the tape measure as a better guide, than the scales, For some reason...your body can shrink even though the scales don't want to play the game!!

Nows a good time for you to open a journal and maybe post a few menus that we can have a peek at...you may have introduced foods that are a bit 'carbier' than you think...just a thought...but anyway, the journals a good way for us to visit you, and for you to keep a record of your success!! :wave:

MissScruff
Sun, Nov-21-04, 14:18
http://madmonkeygaming.com/uploads/hello-tag01b.gif

I went through the same thing! Patience! Your body may be shrinking even though the scales don't show a loss! Keep low carbing and you will soon realize your dreams! Wow! 17 pounds in 4 weeks! Unreal isn't it and you should be so proud of that! You have lost an average of 4.25 pounds! Awesome!

rachelratz
Sun, Nov-21-04, 14:37
It's just your body fighting back. It wants to survive. The steady loss of fat is a threat to the body. All during your weight loss, the steady loss will stall for a bit and then resume. Nature is pretty cool. Normal fat is good for the body...it ensures you a fighting chance.

Lay off the scale also. It will drive you nuts. The best way to know when you loosing weight is how your clothes fit.

Julia22
Mon, Nov-22-04, 03:47
Thanks everyone for the support.. I think I need to lay off the scale alittle bit. Ive struggled with my weight for years.. I got excited when the first 17-20 pounds came off. It just seems as though it has slowed down alot. I want it to keep coming off lol.. In my head I keep thinking maybe that's all I'll loose. Yet I still want to loose 60 more pounds. If I continue doing this low carb diet.. How long does it usually take to loose that much weight? Also.. Im still staying about 20 carbs aday.. According to the book Im suppose to add 5 carbs every two weeks or so... Is this bad what I am doing?

Jazzylyn
Mon, Nov-22-04, 04:14
Hi Julia :wave:

Our weight stats are the same. And beleive me it will come off! You have done very well so far it just takes time. We all hope for that magic scret that would take the lbs off quickly but staying with the plan is what works. Also the motivation and support from this forum is what has kept me going and it will work for you too! Consider starting a journal that way we can all come visit you! :)

Jazz