PDA

View Full Version : Was this OK??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

surrealme
Sat, Nov-20-04, 19:59
Due to a long work day today I just couldn't face cooking.
Family wanted to order out Chinese Food, so this is what I had...
Chicken Chop Suey, no sauce/no sugar, so basically just chicken, mushrooms, bean sprouts, cabbage and a few carrots in the mix.
I didn't measure but I ate about half, and added my own soya sauce, then
picked out some broccoli from another dish.
Hub ordered deep fried chicken wings of which I ate two (peeled off the tempura-like coating.
Did I blow it?
I'm on day 14.
toodles,
me.

Rosebud
Sat, Nov-20-04, 20:17
Sounds to me as though you made great choices. :thup:

Just to give you some more reassurance, here is the nutritional on Chicken Chop Suey from CalorieKing: http://www.calorieking.com/foods/food.php?category_id=39&brand_id=207&food_id=64781&partner=

Did you know that Atkins.com has a section with advice on dining out? Here is the link: http://atkins.com/food/eating-out.html

One more thing: Chinese food is notorious for produicng a bit of fluid retention, so don't panic if your weight seems to increase over the next day or two. Just continue with your plan and drink lots of water, and any extra fluid will soon vanish.

Rosebud:rose:

bb6399
Mon, Nov-22-04, 07:55
I think you did fine, I had to go to a chinese Buffet, (atleast you got to peel the coating off at home, I did it at the restraunt giggle, giggle :) I ate the sauce though that was on the beef and brocc, and stuck to green beans and mushrooms, I do make sure after I eat chinese I increase my water, I try the one liter per plate I eat !!!! :) It also fills me up quicker!

19again
Mon, Nov-22-04, 11:19
:yum: when i have an urge for Chinese takeout i get chicken and broccoli no rice. Its sooooo good.

and I am usually fine. I think you did great.