PDA

View Full Version : Going to retry

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gypsyrider
Fri, Nov-19-04, 12:39
I started Atkins in January 2002, due to high blood pressure, insulin resistance, high cholesterol, obesity, and feeling so tired all the time. I lost most of the 90 pounds in the first year. Then I plateaud. I've maintained my weight with no problem or excersize, putting off losing the rest as I was so busy during camping season. I have horses and really had to put the miles on them over the last couple of years, since they are both young and need experience. I saw an endocrinologist who advised me not to lose any more weight, for fear I might go off the diet. I still want to lose another 40 pounds and it will put me in the high range for my height. I just don't want to do induction again, I've been spoiled with the dreamfields pasta, chocolate candy, and the Atkins muffins. I have never eaten a forbidden food for all this time, which is probably why I didn't gain the weight. The funny thing is I am now at the weight I was at 17 (I am now 44) years of age before I ever started the diet rollercoaster which put on close to 100 pounds . Atkins is a way of life for me, my blood pressure which used to be 190/110 is now 117/76 and my cholesterol has come down 55 points. The endocrinologist said he's never seen anyones good cholesterol rise that much and bad cholesterol lower that much who wasn't on a statin drug. My insulin resistance is gone. What I'm wondering is if I cut back calories and kept the carb count below 30, using things as the pasta and the yogurts, and started excersizing if that would do the trick. Has anyone tried this?

rosey1
Fri, Nov-19-04, 12:48
welcome to the forum!
i think it could work for you if you keep your carbs in the fairly low levels. A little exercise always helps 2!

cthiele
Fri, Nov-19-04, 13:41
I think rosey1 has the answer. You need to go on a regular exercise program, whatever that is for you. Get that metabolism up and you WILL start losing again.

Jazzylyn
Fri, Nov-19-04, 14:14
Hello and welcome to the forums :wave:

4beans4me
Fri, Nov-19-04, 15:20
Welcome! You CAN do it! :yay:

bob2112
Fri, Nov-19-04, 15:59
Welcome aboard and best wishes as you move forward.

gypsyrider
Sat, Nov-20-04, 06:30
I would like to get rid of this before next Spring. The amount of energy and ability to move has been so great since I lost all that weight, that I'm hoping after losing the last of it, it will be even better. Especially for flexibility. I don't know how I would have broke in two new horses, if I was at my old weight. Although they kept me busy, and probably helped keep some weight off, it wasn't enough to lose, tone and shape. I will start doing my stationary bike and excersize tape, alternating, 6 days a week after Thanksgiving week, as I will be laying down a new floor, in the kitchen and that will most likely take up all my time. I have to get it done as we are borrowing a large dolly from where my husband works, and have to move things like the refrigerator, stove, and washer and dryer. I'm afraid to see what's behind those things. Most likely a new life form. Thanks for the encouragement. I hope in the next month to have some downward pound movement.

jun keater
Sat, Nov-20-04, 06:41
Welcome to the forum! I don't understand this statement: I saw an endocrinologist who advised me not to lose any more weight, for fear I might go off the diet. That doesn't even make any sense to me at all.... so, I say ignore it! You have done great so far, and you will love this board. It has become part of my life! Glad to have you here....

MissScruff
Sat, Nov-20-04, 12:33
http://madmonkeygaming.com/uploads/hello-tag01b.gif

Pilates are low impact and highly effective!