PDA

View Full Version : Hi...not a newbie, but starting over

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

suganomore
Wed, Nov-17-04, 16:45
HI,

I started LC'ing back in August of '03. I have since fallen off of the wagon. I started because of a couple of things. PCOS and all the health problems that come with it. Plus, my deparment at work was having a weight loss challenge, it cost $25 to sign up, whoever lost the most weight, won the sign up money. I WON!!! $275, man that felt good, plus I felt great. Since then I have allowed myself to get back up to within 20 poungs of my pre-contest weight. I started at 215, I got down to 183, I am up to 195 now.
I have decided that the only thing that works for me is LC'ing for life. Plus, the symptoms that show with PCOS are starting to intensify for me, so I want to stop it before it gets out of hand and I develop something that can potentiall kill me even quicker than sugar can, like heart disease. I really don't have time to go to the gym. My day consists of getting up at 5am, leaving the house at 5:45am, getting to work around 7:05am, working until 6pm, getting home around 7:15pm, cooking for hubby, studying (I am in college via internet) and then going to bed. I have recently purchased a recumbent exercise bike, I do yoga and pilates, plus I have a mini stepper machine at home and some free weights from my dad. I figure that should be enought to take care of my exercise requirement. Now to tackle the cooking. You all have some wonderful recipes on this site, so cooking shouldn't be that big of a problem.

Anyway, I just wanted to tell people a little about me and my second time around.

mischa
Wed, Nov-17-04, 21:02
Hi and welcome,

I wish you great success the second time around. You can do it..we are here for you to cheer you on.

:wave:

scottiehk
Wed, Nov-17-04, 22:00
Hi suganomore,

I love that weight tracker!

Jazzylyn
Thu, Nov-18-04, 03:25
Hello and welcome to the forums :wave:

bob2112
Thu, Nov-18-04, 10:14
Welcome back and congratulations for getting back up on the horse for the next go around.

cathy44
Thu, Nov-18-04, 11:22
Hey welcome back.. been there, done that... remember we are here for ya!!!!

cathy

bethm
Thu, Nov-18-04, 11:31
I am getting back to LC too. I am in the same boat as you with PCOS. LC is the best way to go.

Welcome Back

suganomore
Thu, Nov-18-04, 15:19
Thanks...you can go to TickerFactory.com and create one for yourself....it gives me a visual....plus it feels good to see the scale moving closer and closer to your goal weight.

4beans4me
Thu, Nov-18-04, 20:26
Welcome to the forums! :wave:

MissScruff
Sat, Nov-20-04, 13:29
http://madmonkeygaming.com/uploads/hello-tag01b.gif