PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

greeneye
Wed, Nov-17-04, 16:00
Well this is my first time on this site and I just wanted to introduce myself. I have been doing the Atkins diet for 7 weeks and I have lost 19lbs. I still have a ways to go but I am feeling better. I cheated today at a work potluck I ate a piece of pumpkin dump cake. This was the first time I have cheated like this but I know I just need to continue on yet sometimes you just need that break to remind you why you started the program to begin with :wave:

Hopeful214
Wed, Nov-17-04, 16:01
Welcome to the forum ... Congratulations on your success!!! Keep up the great job... Hopeful

Jiggerz
Wed, Nov-17-04, 16:04
Well then... welcome to the forum. :) 19 pounds in 7 weeks... what a great job! It sounds like you've already got the right attitude to see your way to where you want to be.. a healthier, happier you.

bethm
Wed, Nov-17-04, 16:21
Welcome aboard. You are doing very well. Remember this is not a race, this is life. There is no such thing as cheating. Keep on track most of the time and allow a little of your favorites once in a while. Make it a special occasion. This keeps you from permently straying.

Discipline is hard to learn. If it were easy we would all be healthfully fit.

Keep up your fantastic work

bob2112
Wed, Nov-17-04, 16:26
Welcome to the forums.

4beans4me
Wed, Nov-17-04, 21:00
Hello and welcome! :wave:

MissScruff
Sat, Nov-20-04, 13:44
http://madmonkeygaming.com/uploads/hello-tag01b.gif

When you know a potluck is going to take place you need to take things you can eat until you get to where you can walk past the stuff and not even be tempted. What can be damaging when low carbing, especially in the early days, is eating the things with sugar and flour! You can actually make yourself sick (talking from a one time treat that turned into a week of being sick). Once you get through OWL to where you can make low carb deserts then you will be able to satisfy that sweet tooth! So, when you want a treat you can make BawdyWench's low carb cheesecake which is out of this world or KiwiGal's pecan tussies! If you eat the regular sugar/flour foods then you are going to confuse your body! Stick to the program, make lowcarb treats and you will not be sorry! Just put the cheat behind you and get back into the program! You won't regret it when you reach your goal! I just wish I had eaten low carb when I was on a prescription diet pill back in 1999! If I had then I wouldn't have gained back 100 of the 135 pounds I had lost! Now I am back down 123 pounds without those pills (sometimes I wish I could have them just to get my last 44 pounds off, but know that isn't the healthy way to go just based on what happened before!) and I know I will not gain it back because I just don't see sugar and flour ever going back into my eating plan! There are too many alternatives out there! Best of luck!