PDA

View Full Version : Question about my Ketostix

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

missmarla
Mon, Nov-15-04, 15:52
Hi everybody!

I've been on Induction for a little over a week, and trying VERY hard to be patient (I've still only lost MAYBE a pound, I know everyone's different but I have to admit how much I was dying to see weight flying off right away!). I've eliminated the bars and LC soymilk I was eating, so I feel like now I'm truly following Atkins' rules of Induction as they're listed in the book BUT my Ketostix are still only showing trace levels of Ketones. They were slightly darker for a few days and one day last week it was almost purple, now it's lightened up a bit. Are there some people who are just not capable of entering deep ketosis? Is a trace level enough?

Thanks so much! - Marla

PS I think I'm going to start a journal to track my intake and exercise... feel free to comment on it/offer any suggestions as you see fit!! :)

Dewi
Mon, Nov-15-04, 15:54
Hi Marla,

Most of the day when I did test I have been light pink. I can tell you that I have only been dark Purple when I test after working out.

Maybe try testing after a workout and see if the color goes deeper?

Good Luck,
Dewi

Daisy-Duke
Mon, Nov-15-04, 22:45
Yeah same with me, I am in day 4 of induction and I have only seen the light pink, tonight it showed moderate? I am really confused as to what makes it deeper or lighter. I have hadabout 3 liters of water today? Maybe that is it?

Daisy

LukeA
Mon, Nov-15-04, 22:59
Don't fret over those sticks to much. ;) I've never turned those things a color, but i have lost 40 pounds since september 20'th.