PDA

View Full Version : Chocolate Chunk Scones

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

4beans4me
Sun, Nov-14-04, 09:37
Chocolate Chunk Scones

2 cups CarbQuick
1/4 cup firm butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
10 drops Sweetzfr** (or any granular or liquid substitute equal to a heaping 1/3 cup sugar)
1.5 Mini-carb Dark Chocolate w/almonds bars, hammered into chunks (or substitute your favorite SF chocolate)
1 Tbs heavy cream

Cut butter into CarbQuick.

In separate bowl, mix egg, 1/2 cup heavy cream, vanilla, and sugar substitute.

Add to dry mixture, and mix until well blended.

Fold in chocolate.

Form into 8 balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Push down to flatten slightly and neaten edges. Brush remaining 1 Tbs heavy cream on tops.

Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.

Serves: 8
Calories: 244
Fat: 23
Carbs: 19
Fiber: 14.5
Net carbs: 4.5
Protein: 7

http://imagehost.darkernet.co.uk/i/chocscones.jpg

Lindazkewl
Sun, Nov-14-04, 12:22
Good grief! That looks/sounds fantastic! :roll: Thanks for that recipe (and many others). I can't wait to try it!!

mammac-5
Mon, Nov-15-04, 09:25
Yum! I'm headed to the kitchen right now!!

LC-Laur
Thu, Feb-10-05, 10:03
These were amazing! I just love Carbquick. :thup: The only thing I did different was use sugar free white chocolate since that's all I had in the house....

Tedmom
Thu, Feb-17-05, 11:48
Simply amazing!!! Made them with Davinci cookie dough syrup to replace 1/2 the sweetener and a couple of tablespoons of cream cheese to add a little more moisture to the dough. Yum.

AndreaBash
Sat, Feb-26-05, 20:16
These are wonderful. I'm glad I used the last of my tiny box of Carbquik on these! So light and flaky -- I dont usually like scones because they always seem to hard and chewy, but these are really light... and smell just like warm chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven. :)

Thanks, Becki! :)

redhead65
Fri, Apr-22-05, 10:00
What is Carb Quick and where do I get it? Is it like Atkins Baking Mix? :help:

WyoDiva
Sat, Nov-26-05, 09:57
I made these this morning, after FINALLY buying some CarbQuick. In fact, this is the first recipe I've made with CQ.

VERY GOOD - I'm impressed by the lack of aftertaste I've gotten with other 'flours' in lc recipes, and the crumb is just like the 'real' thing (i.e. non-low-carb scones). I highly recommend this recipe AND a big thumbs-up to CarbQuick as an excellent low-carb flour substitute. Happy Turkey Day Weekend to everyone!