PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Aloha

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

meganj
Sat, Nov-13-04, 13:41
Hi there. I'm megan, and finally introducing myself. I've been low carbing for over a year now. I have to dig to find some old pics of where I was when I started at 235 lbs. I'm now at 172 and still going. Moved to Hawaii about a year ago and the one thing I really miss is fruit. It's tough living in paradise with all this fresh fruit and not being able to eat it.

Megan :wave:

AFwife
Sat, Nov-13-04, 13:44
Welcome aboard. :)

4beans4me
Sun, Nov-14-04, 09:10
Aloha and welcome!! :wave:

med234
Sun, Nov-14-04, 12:09
Aloha, Megan.
The sooner you get up the carb ladder the better, but meantime, enjoy the seafood? and the sunshine!

You have your target weight as '35'?!

rosey1
Sun, Nov-14-04, 12:51
welcome to the forum, you will be enjoying your fresh fruits in no time!

MissScruff
Mon, Nov-15-04, 08:57
http://madmonkeygaming.com/uploads/hello-tag01b.gif

meganj
Tue, Nov-16-04, 11:56
Thank you for the welcome. There are so many forums here that I don't know when I'll begin to put in my two cents. I already found one very important piece of information, the real carb count of Splenda. I've been going back and reconfiguring my recipes to reflect the true carb count. Anyone interested in a low carb noodle kugel recipe? I figured it out to be 3.5 carbs per serving, maybe 4.

megan

med234
Tue, Nov-16-04, 12:21
You've got me worried, Megan, in case I have it wrong! I have it as 0.5carbs per teaspoon?

meganj
Sun, Nov-21-04, 00:07
My comment about the 3.5 t 4 carbs per serving were in regard to the noodle kugel recipe, not the carb count of a spoonful of splenda. I'm sorry if I was not clear. :eek:

Megan

med234
Sun, Nov-21-04, 06:00
Phew! that's OK then

MissScruff
Sun, Nov-21-04, 14:14
http://madmonkeygaming.com/uploads/hello-tag01b.gif

Would love to have the recipe! You have me curious!