PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy and Flying...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

PAcarber
Fri, Nov-12-04, 09:19
I know this isn't LC related, but I was informed yesterday that I will need to travel Dec 7th - 9th. It's only Pittsburgh to Charlotte, NC (~ 40 minutes in the air). I plan on calling my doc and did read some info on the web, just wondering if I should be concerned? :q:

I will be in my 11th week at that time. Hopefully I'm feeling better.

Hilary M
Fri, Nov-12-04, 13:27
Don't think it should be a problem at 11 weeks, unless you're still extremely nauseous, which would make for a pretty terrible flight. Most practitioners say flying is OK up til about 32-36 weeks, and by that time you don't want to be far away from your doctor/hospital anyway.

By the way, you can stop by my journal anytime you have pregnancy questions (not that I'm an expert, this is my first one). I don't check this board that often.

Fireball
Sat, Nov-13-04, 20:29
Hey PA!

I hope you are feeling better!! You might want to try those motion sickness wrist bands you can get at CVS...I live in Raleigh - about 3 hrs from Charlotte - I hope you have an uneventful flight and a nice visit to NC! :)

EDITED TO SAY: OOOPS - I just saw your post about the sea bands! I hope they work for you!

AndreaBash
Sun, Nov-14-04, 02:11
Unless you're high risk, you should be fine. I've never heard of anyone (who wasn't high risk) being denied a request for travel before 36 weeks. I flew to London from Chicago (and back, of course) when I was 6 months pregnant.

The worst part about it was that I kept getting stopped at EVERY security checkpoint and for some reason they always wanted me to take off my shoes.

When the 4th gate agent to ask made a snide remark about how I was in the way and I needed to hurry and get my shoes back on I just about snapped. You do NOT ask a pregnant woman to hurry up with her shoes. :)