PDA

View Full Version : Had KFC today

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lisaissa
Thu, Nov-11-04, 12:37
I had to go out with my coworkers for lunch today to celebrate someones birthday. We decided to go to Wendy's but on the way they changed their mind. I know that at Wendy's I could have had a salad but at KFC I was not sure. I ordered two pieces of chicken (leg and rib, original) only. I had water with it. I ate everything as I did not take off the skin. I started this diet on November 1 and I know I have lost some weight. I am trying not to go on the scale until the end of the month. I have been reasonably good in terms of my meals and I try to do some sort of exercise in the evenings. Would having the KFC be real bad for me. How many carbs should I count this as? I tried doing it in fitday but could not really tell. Any assistance would be welcomed. Thanks

4beans4me
Thu, Nov-11-04, 12:41
A breast and drumstick, KFC original, comes to 15 carbs, no fiber.

http://www.yum.com/nutrition/results.asp?BrandID=2&BrandAbbr=KFC

lisaissa
Thu, Nov-11-04, 13:52
Thanks for the information. I actually went to the site and did the calculations myself. I guess I will not be having too many carbs for dinner.