PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

miriam7000
Wed, Nov-10-04, 15:53
My name is Carole and I have been low carbing since May of this year. I lost 34 lbs and then something terrible happened. My appendix ruptured and by the time I got to the hospital (4 days later, can you believe it? I did not know) because I could not stand the pain any longer, they did emergency surgery and found that part of my colon & intenstine had gone bad. Dr. said one more day and I would have died. In the hospital for 10 days without any food and I lost 10 lbs which I have since gained back. Was home from the hosp. for 1 week when got hit with two hurricanes 3 weeks apart.

Well, since the hurricanes I have not been low carbing it. Restarted yesterday. Threw all my sweets out and am starting over.

Sorry, didn't mean to talk so much. BTW, I am 55 and weigh 169. My goal is 140 lbs. I started at 203 lbs.

Carole

bob2112
Wed, Nov-10-04, 16:23
Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have had a rough go of it lately -- best wishes and good luck as you move forward. Congratulations on your success so far.

4beans4me
Wed, Nov-10-04, 22:18
Hello and welcome Carole! Best of luck! :wave:

corona806
Wed, Nov-10-04, 23:44
Oh my you have been throu alot.Best of luck with restarting. and Welcome to the foruum!

Jazzylyn
Thu, Nov-11-04, 04:39
Hello and welcome to the forums. You have been through so much but have hung in there. My best to you in your weight loss journey! :wave: