PDA

View Full Version : Cheesecake - Reese's Peanutbutter

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DawnJ
Sat, Sep-29-01, 11:18
(Only changes . . . I used regular cream cheese instead of light, and I omitted the butternut extract . . . didn't have any. ) Enjoy!

Reese's PB Cheesecake

Recipe By : Found on the internet
Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cheesecakes

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------

4 large eggs
16 ounces light cream cheese

1/4 cup unsweetened peanut butter -- PLUS

2 tablespoons unsweetened peanut butter

1/2 cup splenda -- or Equal Spoonful

1/2 teaspoon butternut extract -- optional

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

1/8 teaspoon salt

Topping

1 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate

2 tablespoons butter

1/4 cup splenda -- or Equal Spoonful

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

1 1/2 teaspoons chocolate extract

3/4 cup ricotta cheese

1/4 cup heavy cream

Blend ingredients. May be difficult, depending on blender used, since PB is thick. Pour into 9" glass pie pan. Bake
at 350 for 30 min. Allow to cool (I do it in freezer - don't forget it's there, and use a potholder to protect the freezer
bottom!)
Melt chocolate in microwave, stir in sweetener and extracts.
In a food processor, add melted chocolate mixture to the ricotta and cream.
Process until creamy.
Frost cheesecake with chocolate mixture, cool, and enjoy!
10 servings @ 5.5 carbs minus 0.4 gr. fiber=5.1 carbs and 8.2 grams protein

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sharon
Sat, Sep-29-01, 12:57
This sounds really good. I've tried several variations of low carb cheese cakes...but not a Peanut Butter one.. Going to put this on my to try list!!

Thanks Dawn.

DawnJ
Mon, Oct-01-01, 13:40
I should also say that I used a food processor to mix this, not a blender (as in recipe) . . . I don't know how well that would work. :rolleyes:

BCBabe
Sun, Mar-10-02, 23:07
This is the most awesome low-carb dessert that I have ever had!!! No one can believe that it is sugar free. We have to get this "out there" for all the low-carbers to worship!! ;)
I used liquid sugar twin (which brings the carb count down), 2 oz. of 85% cocoa Lindt choc (instead of baking choc and choc extract) and added coarsely chopped bits to the peanut butter mixture. I also just used a regular hand mixer and a bowl. The result is to die for!! :yum: If anyone out there likes a peanut butter cup you will not believe the result of this recipe!!Thank you, thank you, thank you...........

:sunny: Sunshine Smiles!!

donnaj
Sun, Mar-24-02, 04:13
I was wondering what to have for Easter dessert and this well be wonderful. Both me and my sister are low carbers and I gave up desserts for Lent. Thanks I will let you know how everyone likes it.
Donna :wave:

kalondra
Sun, Apr-14-02, 20:08
DawnJ
Thank You very much for that recipe. It was absolutely delicious. It was my first sweet treat in a while and it was well worth the wait. ;)
kalondra

donnaj
Mon, Apr-15-02, 07:36
DawnJ,
I just wanted to tell you that I made the cheesecake for Easter and it was a hit with me and my sister and the non carbers alike. I made peanut butter ice cream with it and everyone was so surprised it tasted so great. Thanks again.
Donna

kalondra
Mon, Apr-15-02, 18:42
Donnaj, how did you make peanut butter ice cream? I was considering using the peanut butter layer (before cooked in blender) to maybe make a milkshake the next time because it was soooo tasty. But the ice cream sounds even better.

donnaj
Tue, Apr-16-02, 07:29
I found this recipe on a board. I added 2 tbsp. of crunchy peanut butter and 1/4 cup peanuts. It makes about the quart.
Low-carb Ice Cream

Ingredients:

4 eggs, separated
16 oz. cream cheese
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup Splenda (12 packets)
Directions:

Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form.
In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth (heat in a microwave for 10-15 sec. to soften first). Mix in cream, egg yolks, vanilla and Splenda. Fold in egg whites.
Freeze.
Servings: 12

Carbs: <4 per serving.

More low-carb recipes

I still have some in the refrigerator and it is still good. I make peanut butter shakes once in a while. Hope you enjoy it.

kalondra
Tue, Apr-16-02, 21:01
Thanks Donna, I am going to make it this weekend. :yum:
kalondra

donnaj
Wed, Apr-17-02, 05:19
You will found it has rich creamy flavor. A warning it does freeze solid. So I put it in the mirowave for about 15 second to soften it.
Yet me know how you enjoy it.

saracidal
Wed, Oct-05-05, 22:41
-=drools =-
oh goodness.....
i dont know which i want to do first

GrooveJock
Mon, Oct-10-05, 06:12
OK. So I made this Friday night. I dont know what I did wrong but my cheesecake came out dry and no very sweet. The chocoate upper layer was great! I am going to try it again somethime this week with some peanut butter Davinci's syrup along with the Splenda. Am I am only going to bake the cake for 20 minutes.